Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yep, found it - added above. Still wondering if the University-wide scholarships were included.

3.9UW, 4.65W, 1530(800math+730)

anyone outright rejected by Purdue, that should be really rare right? I’m terrified to check my portal lol

Son accepted to Mechanical Engineering

8 Likes

I suspect they are rolling them out/load balancing. I wouldn’t expect it to take more than a few hours.

Applied: 10/23/21
Accepted: 1/14/22
Major: Hospitality Management(College of Health and Human Sciences)
GPA: 3.65 W
ACT: 26 composite, 27 superscored
Ranking: 111/189
Residency: OOS(NY)

7 Likes

your kid has an impeccable record! the merit thing is perplexing.

1 Like

‘Congratulations! The Purdue University Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you admission to First Year Engineering in the College of Engineering at West Lafayette for Fall 2022.’

2 Likes

Son accepted ME 1st choice. OOS (VA)

5 Likes

I didn’t get any merit, it seems? Sort of disappointing, but it’s okay. I thought it was easier for in-state students to do so!

From a MechE and father of a Boilermaker MechE, welcome. :+1:

1 Like

Accepted to FYE. OOS, 4.0 uw, 35 ACT. Did not apply for honors
just couldn’t do a good job on essays at the time they were due. No scholarships.

5 Likes

Just spoke with admissions. Merit will be included within the letter and to assume no merit if it was not included. Bummer for us, we have 2 OOS.

1 Like

3.89 UW and 4.26 W (our school doesn’t do APs before junior year so she maxed out APs in Jr and Sr year), 35 ACT. Good course rigour with STEM APs. Completed Multivar Calc and Linear Algebra in 11th grade. Pubished research, Awards in math competitions (Math league nationals 4 years, AIME 4x, MPFG 3 and few others), President of Math club and French Honors society, VP of Phys Club, Chapter head (president) of a non-profit to encourage girls in competitive math. Founder of a non-profit to encourage girls in STEM and math (donated funds to poverished countries)

She was mostly into math until recently she got an interest into coding and doing pet projects. Did her own web application for her non-profit and now taking AP CS. Deferred at MIT, got Caltech and now Purdue. Good luck and congratulations to all those got accepted!!!

4 Likes

3.7x UW, but As across all STEM courses. Heavy Calc AP course load - Pre Calc, AB, BC. CS heavy ECs.
1530 SAT

CS OOS, DS alternate - Deferred.

Don’t know how to take this.

I received Presidental OOS with Honors College. But didn’t get CS lol.

3 Likes

Pretty high bar if 4.0, 1st of 602, 1580 doesn’t clear it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. He’s elated.

My son got in CS, OOS. No merit info in letter, 1590 SAT.

4 Likes

This is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder who actually did receive one then if that doesn’t cut it.