Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Looks like my S22 is the only one with a Deferred decision. Misery loves company, anyone else wants to join this band?

2 Likes

Perhaps they know the demand for CS and feel they donā€™t need to spend the merit money to attract accepts.

It is what it is, I guess.

4 Likes

Congratulations to the kiddo!!! Iā€™m so happy for your daughter @aspirationalmom. What major did she apply to?

DS22 got in! :smiley: OOS / FYE / 1560 / 3.98 UW / 5.4 W

6 Likes

Absolutely, this is the only possibility

Computer science major. This is her first Acceptance. D22 is very happy about it.

5 Likes

Hang in there, more would follow.

To all the kids who got accepted, itā€™s all sheer hard work, way to go!!!

To those who got deferred or otherwise, you all have something better lined up!!!

2 Likes

Son got into CS Honors collegeā€¦OOS, 1550, 45 IB, lots of ECs

8 Likes

DD accepted for pre-veterinary! Pretty surprised!
Applied: 10/15/21
Accepted: 1/14/22
Major: Pre-Veterinary Medicine
GPA: 3.99 W
Test Optional
Residency: OOS
Good ECs and essay. Maybe that helped! Congrats all!

6 Likes

does defered mean that you didnā€™t get in the school or just the major

Accepted FYE!!

5 Likes

Demographic shaping plays a big part

Deferred means they want to wait until 03/31 before giving ANY decision.

Son got into his first choice ā€œGame Development and Designā€. Lucky for us, not many students compete for that major. His UW GPA is around 3.7. SAT is 1510.

6 Likes

My son got in, FYE, oos asian male, 1570/36/4.0, honorā€™s college, and presidential merit award at 10k/year. Very happy.

11 Likes

S22 got into FYE!
OOS / 1530 / 3.84 UW / 4.47 W

8 Likes

I got in 3.46 UW GPA 1280 SAT

9 Likes

Son got into IBE program. Since the program is relatively new, appreciate any input from current students or their parents. UW 3.7 SAT 1440 OOS

5 Likes

General trend seems to be no scholarships for CS acceptances. Would there be any further award release decisions or pretty much done here? My S other college decision letters had the merit mentioned in them

Congrats! I donā€™t know yet since my daughter is still in school. It seems like that the handwritten letter meant something after all

2 Likes