Purdue Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I have a senior Biomedical Engineering daughter. Great experience and multiple good job offers.

2 Likes

Couple of questions for accepted OOS FYE.

1. Did you have to submit the supplemental scholarship application to get the merit?
  2. Is the Honors decision out? I thought that decision was coming in March.
    Thanks

I got deferred for cs. Does anyone know if there is any chance for me in rd or this like a soft rejection. 3.7 uw, 1490 sat

1 Like

No idea. My silver lining interpretation is that they didn’t reject you or push you off to the 2nd major. They still think you have a shot at CS and want to see what the RD #s look like.

To answer your question: no supplemental application for merit, it’s automatic; yes honors college decision is out. Honors college does have an additional essay application

2 Likes

Daughter accepted FYE (environmental/ecological). OOS, 4.0 UW, 13 APs, 33 ACT/1450 SAT, ranked 2/300

6 Likes

Daughter got accepted to CD w Presidential Scholarship and Honors College

7 Likes

Sorry *CS

You’re the first person I’ve seen who has been CS and received a scholarship. Do you mind sharing her stats?

The Purdue accept takes Ohio State (accepted), Penn State (accepted), Wisconsin, Maryland off the list.

She’d attend MIT, CMU, or Stanford if accepted. If none of those, Purdue and any accepts at Cornell, Michigan, UIUC, GT will make for a tough choice. As her sister recently graduated, Purdue may have a bit of an edge.

9 Likes

Daughter applied for CS and second choice Data Science. Got Exploratory Studies option. What does this mean? Is it still a viable option?
Her stats 1510 SAT, UW 3.79 , W4.17, APs taken.

1 Like

1570 in one sitting (800 math), 1% in class of >500, 15 APs, all state orchestra, all state tennis, part time work all 4 years and other ECs

6 Likes

This means she wasn’t accepted to either major but they still want her to attend the school.

Exploratory Studies means unaligned with any major. She would have to CODO (change of degree objective - transfer to) a specific major after one or two semesters.

Unfortunately, CS/DS are just as difficult to CODO into as being accepted initially. She should evaluate whether another major is attractive and worth enrolling and trying to transfer once in school.

https://www.purdue.edu/exploratory/

4 Likes

Thanks for quick response

I was admitted to Krannert for upper division economics. Does this mean I am basically a junior? Could someone possibly explain the difference between this and lower division please?

OOS, Male, Accepted FYE (applied as either mechanical or aero), 1550 SAT (790M/760 V), MNSF, 4.0 (grades are out of 100, his gpa is around a 98, unweighted), good ECs (not great), good leadership (not great), high rigor, 7 APs (can only take junior/senior year) including BC Calc as a junior. Science research program. Also accepted to honors, but no merit.

7 Likes

Meant NMSF - National Merit Semi Finalist. That does come with $500/year at Purdue.

DS22 accepted OOS FYE, Honors College, Presidential Scholarship. Over the moon excited!

5 Likes

My S applied CS, and got deferred. Similar stats to your daughter. He didn’t put a second choice major because he wants to do CS. He has a couple of acceptances for CS that he really likes, so he is not going to be pursuing the deferral from Purdue.

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted to Purdue today. That is quite an accomplishment, and you should be proud.

Can you paste the text where it says about the scholarship. My D was accepted in Business Analytics and Management but dont see any information about Scholarship.

"If you have submitted a FAFSA, financial aid award notices will begin going out in early March. This notice will provide you directions to view your full financial aid offer online. "

1 Like