Purdue Engineering Admission Chances

<p>Hello, I really want to become a mechanical engineer and I would like to attend Purdue University, outlined below are my stats/qualifications, please advise me on my chances of being admitted into the Purdue School of Engineering. </p>

<p>Basic info:
Class of 2014
Female
Caucasian
3.9 un-weighted GPA
4.3 weighted GPA
I attend a selective private school (have since pre-school)
I live in state (Indiana)
Will graduate with honors</p>

<p>Special classes:
I will graduate with 6 AP credits and 3 honors classes
AP Biology
AP Calculus
AP U.S. History
AP World History
AP Language and Composition
AP Literature and Composition
Honors English 9
Honors English 10
Honors Spanish III
*All of the AP courses as well as Honors Spanish III are also dual credit courses accredited through Ivy Tech, meaning that regardless of my AP exam score I will receive college credit for those courses at every public Indiana school. For Example, I received a 97% in AP Biology, this will translate into a 97% in a biology 101 college course. </p>

<p>Other major-related high school courses:
Algebra I
Algebra II
Geometry
Pre-calculus/Trig
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Earth/Space Science</p>

<p>Test Scores:
ACT w/writing- 28 composite (english 27, math 25, reading 32, science 27, combined english/writing 27)
SAT- 1920 composite (reading 730, math 570, writing 620)
*I am a capable mathematician, however I am very slow, I feel that given a longer period of time with which to complete the math sections I would have scored much higher on those areas</p>

<p>Clubs/extra-curriculars:
National Honor Society (since 10th grade)
Spanish National Honor Society (since 10th grade)
H^3 (a science club) (since 10th grade)
Prom committee (11th grade only)
Girl Scouts (since kindergarten) *I have earned the Girl Scout Bronze and Silver awards
Drama department (have been stage manager for the past 6 plays, since 9th grade)
I tutor younger students in math 2 days a week (since 9th grade)
Additionally I log a staggering number of community service and leadership hours through NHS and Girl Scouts</p>

<p>Awards:
'A' honor roll (past three years)
Chemistry award
Earth/Space science award
Girl Scout Bronze award
Girl Scout Silver award</p>

<p>Miscellaneous:
I can play the trumpet (was 1st chair for 2 years)
I am an avid reader</p>

<p>You’re most likely fine. Please note thought that all the IvyTech/ AP credits will not boost your GPA. It’ll give you credit with no grade associated with it. Have fun, good luck.</p>

<p>Practice faster analysis of mathematical problems, because it’s a very important and helpful skill.</p>