Purdue Engineering

<p>So… I looked up US News Best Engineering Programs (2007) and found Purdue listed as on par with Carnegie for the #8 spot. </p>

<li>Massachusetts Inst. of Technology 4.8</li>
<li>Stanford University (CA) 4.7
University of California–Berkeley * 4.7</li>
<li>California Institute of Technology 4.5
U. of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign * 4.5</li>
<li>Georgia Institute of Technology * 4.4
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor * 4.4</li>
<li>Carnegie Mellon University ¶ 4.3
Purdue Univ.–West Lafayette (IN) 4.3*</li>
<li>Cornell University (NY) 4.2</li>
</ol>

<p>So a couple of questions.
1)What makes Purdue Engineering so good?
2)Is it difficult to obtain research opportunities at Purdue?
3)Would it actually be better to take Purdue Engineering over Cornell’s? I mean the overall education at Cornell is much better…
Any other input would be fine too…</p>

<p>Oh yeah, one more question...</p>

<p>4) Is it a lot harder to gain acceptance into Purdue's Engineering school than the other schools at Purdue or are they around the same..</p>

<p>It's known pretty well globally (2nd highest amount of international students for undergrad behind USC), lots of research and research opportunities, some pretty famous alumni, and a Big Ten member (yes that means a lot academically)</p>

<p>engineering is definitely harder to get into than other schools</p>

<p>here let me tell you one thing getting accepted for purdue engineering.though it is easier than the other top ten engr schools (MIT, CMU, Berk etc) graduating from Purdue with an engineering degree is ALOT more tougher. every class IS a weed out class, for example 1700 students are accepted into the engineering program and the FOLLOWING SEMESTER/YR only 800 survive. What makes engineering school so good? it is because of its faculty and research. Purdue is known globally and is very well recognized in the united states for its engineering.</p>