purdue fiancial aid.....

<p>heres the run down, I received admission at purdue university and I was wondering what the average fiancial aid received for an out of state, minority student (south asian) was. I really want to go to this university but I doubt my parents can afford it or qualify for a loan because they make above $100K, i know the chances are slim for receiving aid from fafsa based on this, and its going to be a real let down if i cant go to this university which ive always wanted to go and worked toward but then not be able to afford it at the end. but i was wondering is there any way i can receive any fiancial aid for at least 7-10K? my parents main concern is that if i go i will have the burden of the $150K loan at the end of four years after i graduate. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS.</p>

<p>Massive student loans are often a major consequence of going to that school you have always dreamed of it. Based on my finaid experiences I would say that since Purdue is a pub. institution they probably will not increase your need-based 'reward' given special circumstances or whatever, although they possibly could get you more low-interest loans. As for your initial package that they will offer you, it depends on a variety of things other than just income alone, such as # of siblings and the accumulated wealth of your family ($$ in bank, value of house, etc.) </p>

<p>On a side note, my parents made ~100k the year I graduated hs (have 1 sibling) and i received zero finaid 'rewards' from any pub institution, only loan offers and the "full" I am taking advantage of right now.</p>

<p>In any case, it could never hut to call them up and ask with your specific needs in mind.</p>