Purdue Housing/Surrounding Campus...

<p>Since I have not accepted my offer, I can't apply for housing, but if I did, I have some questions if anyone can help. As a freshman, what are the best dorms to apply for? I read through the general information given to me in my packet, but they all sound great. How far from class will my dorm be, if I'm part of the college of science? How far from the central campus is Lafayette, and the historic downtown district? It sounds like a great place to go to school, and if I can get some personal insight, that would help me make my decision....</p>

<p>nmcm007, look at diff pages on my thread for Questions. I answered the dorm question like four times and it’s very detailed. However, in terms of distance from your dorms. to Lafayette is maybe around a mile walk. There is however a Trolley that goes to Lafayette from the dorms. like the bus stop next to Earhart. Your dorm. doesn’t really matter for freshmen year in terms of distance from the college of science, since you won’t go there that much until your upperclassmen years. Lily I believe would be the building for the college of sciences so it’s all of equal distance for everyone but closer for people in First Street, Earhart, Shreve, Meredith, Windsor, and Wiley.</p>