Purdue, Indiana, or Illinois for Physics?

<p>My son has been accepted as a freshman in physics at Purdue-West Lafayette, Indiana-Bloomington, and Illinois-UC. We are Indiana residents. He has been offered the Trustee scholarship at Purdue and the Excellence scholarship at Indiana so right now the net cost at these two schools is nearly a wash. As best we know, he is still a candidate for the Beering scholarship at Purdue and the Cox at Indiana. Although Illinois has offered their Achievement scholarship, our UI OOS cost PREMIUM would be $100K over four years (painful but not a show-stopper). My son has been invited by all three schools to participate in their honors programs on the university level and on the department level.</p>

<p>We know that we are very fortunate to be in this position of choosing from three great offers from three great schools, but any input on these schools and their undergrad physics programs would be appreciated. I am posting this on all three forums for bias balance.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Not sure how different the Physics program is on the undergraduate and graduate level but according to my friend UIllinois has a great graduate program. If your son plans on going to grad school Purdue isn’t that bad for undergrad since my friend as I previously mentioned got into Northwestern, Minnesota, and Illinois for grad school.</p>

<p>take $ go purdue</p>