Purdue Indians Class of 2018

<p>Looks like a lot of people are going for mechanical engineering</p>

<p>I also applied for MechE</p>

<p>i too was going to apply for MechE, then changed my mind</p>

<p>So, just out of curiosity, are you guys applying to any indian universities? Which ones?
Background on me: lived in Delhi till 12, now living in US.</p>

<p>I will be giving JEE, but don’t expect any positive outcome. :P</p>

<p>are all of you guys definitely attending purdue??</p>

<p>Waiting on Gatech, but yeah, 70% yes to Purdue.</p>

<p>Waiting for the UC result but most probably Purdue !</p>

<p>Gatech is going to be really tough, hopefully we all get in. Im waiting for the UCs too but i dont think i have much of a chance at LA and Berkeley.
btw, is purdue really reputed in the US and India?? because ive never seen anyone from my school get rejected, it seems too easy</p>

<p>Purdue graduates are really loved in India, even though its pretty easy to get in. Probably because of the Armstrong tag. But yes, you do engineering from Purdue, you can pretty much get any job in India.</p>

<p>Purdue engineering is really strong and respected here. It isn’t the hardest school to get in with the other schools you guys are aiming for but it is pretty competitive.i think that’s why it may seem so easy to get in. Idk about the rest of their programs.</p>

<p>Btw, is it easier to get into top/good colleges here for you guys than in India? Just more expensive…
I really don’t remember much about the college process there.</p>

<p>yes, It is generally easier.</p>

<p>City : Doha(Qatar)(Indian:Ahmedabad )
SAT:1940
SAT II: Math 2: 800 Phy 710 Chem 740
9th and 10th 10 CGPA
11th 93.2%</p>

<p>Will I get in for Mech. I still didn’t get my decision even though I submitted on 7th Nov.
Today they also asked for my 10th mark sheet,even though I sent my transcript before.</p>

<p>How long would they actually take to give out the decision after applying ?</p>

<p>I applied on 10 Dec, any ideas guys ?</p>

<p>Sent from my RM-914<em>im</em>india_269 using Tapatalk</p>

<p>@nikrules: february, maybe.</p>

<p>hey guys!
please chance me for purdue and UIUC…
SAT-1850(R-580/W-600/M-670)
SAT II- planning to giv on jan 25… maths 2 and physics…
TOEFL- dont plan on taking d test since my reading score qualifies for english proficiency… but it wud b nyc if u guys advicd me on whether to take d test or not.
ECA- chess, NCC, Swimming, English Debate, English Play, volunteer work…
10th- 84%
11th- 69%… i was in top 10% of my class
also plz tell me some prep material for SAT Subject Tests… and how much time shud I give into the prep…
thanks in advance!!</p>

<p>Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 2</p>

<p>^UIUC is going to be hard but for purdue, you are mostly in. Also, both the universities do not require sat 2 tests.</p>

<p>thanks… and what abt toefl?</p>

<p>Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 2</p>

<p>^I don’t think There is a point in taking it your reading score qualifies you to be exempt from it. Seems like a waste.</p>