Purdue Indians Class of 2018

<p>I got accepted today and I applied Jan 6th Chemical Engineering</p>

<p>2210 SAT, 34 ACT, 3 800s on subject tests (Math II, Physics, Chem) 3.75 GPA</p>

<p>Gotta say I’m pretty happy. I have several seniors of mine who are currently attending Purdue and it’s good to know that even if I get rejected by everything else, I’ll be joining my friends in a great school.</p>

<p>My other stuffs
Accepted: UIUC
Deferred: GA Tech
Applied: Caltech, Columbia, UCB, U Toronto, McGill</p>

<p>accepted!!! :)) 1980/1360 9.8/10</p>

<p>Just got “Denied/Offer Reconsideration”. :(</p>

<p>SAT 1820/1300
ACT 27
Toefl 107
GPA 3.6(approx)
Class rank Top 5%
Decent EC’s</p>

<p>Offer reconsideration means I have to contact them for reconsideration of any other major .
I got denied from Computer Science department.
Looking at my stats, Which major would you suggest me to apply for. Can I get into Computer Engineeing or ECE ?
Or maybe Undecided.</p>

<p>My final goal is definately Computer Science . Will it be easy to transfer to CS after getting in ? </p>

<p>Please help me out :(</p>

<p>@Idealist293… WHEN DID YOU APPLY? if you applied at the end of january just as I did then chances of admission are pretty less because all the places get filled up. You should have applied earlier and would have got admission.</p>

<p>I also did the same mistake of applying too late and now I am waiting for decision. acceptance chances are less.</p>

<p>Ya that turned out the disadvantage for me I guess :frowning: I applied in mid-January.</p>

<p>I was thinking if I get into computer and information technology then too I will get in , score great in my first two years and switch majors . Would that be really difficult ? I hope not. I don’t think I would have any chance for CE as well right now.</p>

<p>Fingers crossed . Update me on your decision @dishkyaoon</p>

<p>I got into CE during the EA round and seeing your stats, i feel that CS or engineering was a slight reach given the SAT score. perhaps if you had applied EA you would have gotten in. If you want them to reconsider, dont apply for an engineering major. or rather just go to some other uni, you dont want to go to a uni that doesnt want you right? there are many other good ones out there. Have you looked into Wisconsin? they have an amazing CS program which is ranked above purdue.</p>

<p>@soccerguy7</p>

<p>I might apply for computer and information technology and then switch majors . Not sure though , will call them up today.</p>

<p>I am waiting admission from U of Minnesota , and already got into penn state , rutgers NB and Virginia tech . Wisconsin , they require even more SAT plus I got late already. Never mind. lets see then , what’s in store for me ahead .</p>

<p>Btw congrats on your admission :D</p>

<p>Got accepted to Computer Science major :)) . Still waiting for my other application decisions.</p>

<p>@Idealist293 U.S. University admissions are so complex, I got accepted with just 1800 in SAT and you were offered Reconsideration despite getting a better score. You should definitely<br>
apply for computer and information technology and then switch majors. Congrats for your other acceptances.</p>

<p>:O This is heart-braking :(</p>

<p>Anyways, Happy for you :slight_smile:
Maybe you would have a better GPA and ECs</p>

<p>hi!shrihari here!am from chennai</p>

<p>SAT score-1930
accepted to electrical and computer engineering major!!!any1 else from chennai and from this major??</p>

<p>Hey shrihari are you a transfer student? I thought freshmen can’t get directly into ECE majors but instead everyone is in first year engineering and then you pick after a year if you meet the class and gpa requirements.</p>