Purdue or IU?

<p>Okay, first things first. I am girl and I live in Indiana. IU is pretty far from me, but Purdue is not. I also would like to be a special ed. teacher. I am interested in going greek. I want to join a buncha clubs as well. Lastly, I do not drink, or party very much. I know IU has a bigger reputation for that. If anyone can give me their insight that would be much appreciated! thanks!</p>

<p>Honestly, either school would be great. Although it seems like your personality might be better suited for Purdue, you should visit both schools and figure out which school seems “right” for you.</p>

<p>Edit: It might help if you specify what kind of clubs you want to join.</p>

<p>OK. So all of the scholarships and grant monies are in and these are the results. What would you choose for Fall 2013 admission?
Option 1. IU. Kelley School of Business Direct Admit. Total cost (out of state tuition, room and board, fees, etc.): $36,186.
Option 2. Purdue. Krannert School of Management. Total cost (out of state tuition, room and board, fees, etc.): $17,130.</p>

<p>Is this a no brainer or is Kelley School of Business worth that much more?</p>

<p>To abbatrese, </p>

<p>I agree that both are really good schools. Also, it depends on what you’re majoring in. Engineering? Writing? Something else? I’ve heard that Purdue’s engineering school is excellent, as is IU’s. I have a friend that studies engineering at IU, and he loves it there.</p>

<p>Also, I have a professor that went to Purdue for her doctorate in rhetoric studies, and it was honestly a wonderful match for her and the area of study. With the Owl at Purdue and the amazing writing center, she had tons of opportunities to work on both the service-based and technology-based aspects of the rhetoric field. A lot of things she’s teaching us is what she experienced and learned at Purdue, so if you’re planning on going into any program that includes writing, Purdue would be a wonderful asset to have in your endeavors. They deal with a diverse variety of people and cultures that could maybe even satisfy a sociologist or anthropologist, perhaps. (totally just pondering on that idea. All I know is that my professor encountered a lot of culturally different people that enriched her profession of a researcher and tutor) </p>

<p>Good luck to you in whatever decision you make, and congrats on the two amazing acceptances!</p>

<p>Thank you to the both of you!
To clarify with clubs and outside activities, I want to go greek, do intramural sports, volunteer work, and if there is anything to do with animals.</p>

<p>Both Purdue and IU are fitted to what you seek. But if you want a bigger challenge I would go with Purdue. It is the better school. It isn’t all about engineering (as my recent visits have proven).</p>

<p>Purdue has the 3rd largest Greek system in the country, and I believe that IU’s is also large as well. I know people that volunteer at an off campus humane society, and there’s a vet hospital on campus here that probably takes volunteers. I’m just providing the argument for Purdue here as I don’t know much about IU even though I’m from Indiana.</p>

<p>Thank you ! :)</p>