Purdue or Ohio State Engineering?

<p>Purdue or Ohio State. Nice scholarship at OSU nothing at Purdue. Is it worth it?</p>

<p>Same thing I posted in the other thread:</p>

<p>@3anddone I am also in the exact same situation. The tuition plus room and board came out to about $20,000 at OSU and $45,000 at Purdue. My family can afford a maximum of $20,000 a year. Thus, Purdue would leave me $100,000 in debt.</p>

<p>I dont think the extra money for Purdue is worth it at all. The engineering department at Purdue is probably a little bit better than OSU, but they are so close it will probably be insignificant. What will be the defining factor of your employment or graduate will be what you do in college. I guess it depends on how much you can afford, though.</p>

<p>Purdue is one of the top Engineering School in the nation. However, OSU has Mecorp program. It depends on whether you look at it from academic or just exit to job. Purdue has a lot of good caliber professors and research, gave me a true feeling of Univ while OSU is not offering things at this level but from finding job standard, OSU will do as well. I talked to OSU but they are not very together, some exaggeration and the entire school does not have their act together or willing to help potential students much. My daughter is accepted with scholarships from both OSU and Purdue but we have better response from Purdue and more informed there. Really good school! </p>

<p>We are also trying to decide how much we want to pay for a real good education!</p>