Purdue or Texas A&M

<p>Hi I am a college senior accepted to both Purdue and Texas A&M for engineering. What college would you go to and why?</p>

<p>Purdue is obviously ranked higher, but thats not what you should use for your answer. Have you visited both schools? Where were you more comfortable? Where did you think you could succeed for the next 4 years of life? Where did you think you could receive the greatest preparation for life after college? Where do you think you could have have fun and still do well? I mean people could cite experiences they have had or go on websites and pull information from there but none of that will matter as much as how you feel at the school. Remember its different for everybody.</p>

<p>cgeorgio694u:</p>

<p>I assume you meant HS senior. S was also accepted to both, has visited both, was excited about both. Is there a significant money difference? Do you care about the weather? What branch of engineering? TAMU is a place you have to visit first. You will either love it or hate it. </p>

<p>There are so many options within each school that you won't be limited regarding preparation for life.</p>

<p>Definitely agree about needing to visit each school. Son was deciding between both also, visited both. He likes Purdue better than A & M, but that's his personal opinion. It does become a very hard choice when there's a big financial difference.</p>

<p>For your information, A & M is going to remodel their student center this year, so they won't have one for 3 years or so.</p>

<p>Good luck with your decision.</p>

<p>by the way, are you from Texas?</p>

<p>Ya sorry i meant i was a high school senior and yes i am from texas, so A&M will be a little cheaper. My parents though are willing to pay the difference for out-of-state tuition.</p>