Purdue or U. of Wisconsin-Madison?

<p>Hello, I am an international student who needs help deciding where I should go for engineering: between Purdue and UW-Madison. I am not quite sure which field of engineering I would like to be in, although I am leaning towards chemical or biomedical.
Anyone out there who has suggestions or opinion, please reply... I really need help.
Thank you!</p>

<p>Wisc is top-notch for chemical engineering, but Purdue is top notch for Aerospace and mech, so the program of study matters.</p>

<p>Yes, from the ranking. But as I am not sure which field of engineering I’d be yet, is there any other factor which make one or the other better? I mean, I know that Purdue ranks higher as overall engineering, but UW isn’t so far away either. Also, academically UW ranks higher. Is there anything that weighs out either one more than rankings?</p>

<p>I actually just visited both last week. THey were my top two choices…so I was basically deciding between the two. Honestly, I ended up not really like the UW campus at all, but loved Purdue. I cant say much about the engineering programs since im not an engineer, but I do know that Purdue is a pretty great place to be as an engineer. I personally think that how the campus feels to you is very important. You have two great schools, and its all up to which one you think you will fit into more. I think UW is more of a party school than Purdue though. Madison is also a lot busier. But if you more of a campus feel then you’ll probably like Purdue.</p>

<p>THats just my input.hah</p>

<p>I wouldn’t go tossing around the party school image thing that you say Wisconsin has. If you want to party, you can easily do so at almost any school. It has much more to do with who you are, then where you go. No one is going to force you to “party” if you don’t want to, nor will they hold it against you if you don’t. Sophie is right about visiting the schools, however. You need to get a feel for how you’ll fit in. You can only really do that through a visit of preferably more than one day.</p>