Purdue Scholarships are out!

<p>i have UW gpa of 3.7, SAT superscore of 2180, SAT math 2 - 800, SAT bio - 710, 5s in AP Math and Bio, many APs, 4 year football player, OOS.
What are my chances of getting a scholarship based purely on these facts? I got into Engg. college.</p>

<p>If you haven’t heard yet, don’t worry. I didn’t know about my scholarship until mid February last year. No worries.</p>

<p>It’s good to hear that some students are receiving letters from the engineering department. My daughter is a prospective engineering student who just received a Type 7 AFROTC scholarship which means she can have paid tuition for 4 years at a state school or 3 years of $18K per year at an out-of-state school (which Purdue is for her). She has to let the Air Force know which option by 1/6/12. Purdue & Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Univ. are her top pick schools and since she has received scholarship notification from Embry-Riddle and not from Purdue that should make for an easy choice. I am very thankful that she at least has some options when so many students do not.</p>

<p>Have any nursing students received scholarships?</p>

<p>@arielsmom
Congrats to your daughter for her AFROTC scholarship. I’ve had an AFROTC instructor (a Major) talk to us cadets in CAP about scholarships and AFROTC - very demanding standards for scholarships and officership.
But anyway, I also thought about apply to ERAU and I chose not to do so because IMO Purdue is better in terms of diversity and D1 sports haha.</p>

<p>I’ve gotten a letter inviting me to apply for the Beering Scholarship and the Stamps Leadership Scholarship! Has anyone else gotten this?</p>

<p>^^
Yes. I received the letter today, as well. Good luck to everyone on this. It’s an amazing opportunity.</p>

<p>I’m a senior in high school now and I just got accepted to the pre-pharm program at Purdue. Do I have to apply for a scholarship or should I wait? I noticed that most students getting scholarships without applying were Engineering students and they heard end of December, which is pretty early considering that scholarships opened up on December 12.</p>

<p>That depends. If you had applied prior to the nov 15 deadline, you are automatically considered for the university-wide merit scholarships for incoming freshman. For school and need based aid though you do need a separate application as well as FAFSA</p>

<p>Two of my friends have gotten trustee/beering about 2-3 weeks ago.

• Engineering
  • One has 33 ACT other 34
  • GPA 4.0 UW ~4.95 W</p>

<p>Me and a few other of my friends haven’t received anything (not even presidential)
-Engineering

• 30 ACT (me), 29, 28 (friends)
  • ~GPA 3.95 UW ~4.85 W</p>

<p>We’re all in-state and applied early august :/.</p>

<p>I got the invitation for the Beering and Stamps also. The Beering application seems straightforward, but the letter just says that there is some kind of phone interview for the Stamps program. Does anyone know when these phone interviews will be scheduled?</p>

<p>Those who got Beering/Stamps invitations:</p>

<p>When did you get them, and do you think they’re still being sent or in the mail? I got the largest possible Trustees ($16,000, i’m OOS) so I was hoping this would put me in the running for the Beering along with it. Guessing it’s too late for me?</p>

<p>My letter was sent out on Dec. 21 but I received it a few days later</p>

<p>I would also like to know about what PBoilerUp is asking. I also received the largest Trustees so I was kind of expecting Beering.</p>

<p>I’m in the same boat as LJGoBlue and PBoilerUp, for what it’s worth.</p>

<p>The same for me.</p>

<p>That is, it was dated Dec 21, but came a few days later.</p>