Purdue Student Body

<p>My D was accepted as an "undecided" student for class of 2016. I am trying to figure our if Purdue is the right fit for her. She loves the rah rah sports scene, she has been a cheerleader her whole life, and plans to join a sorority. I am not sure she would fit in with a tech-y crowd of engineers (no offense, got lots of them in my family!). Is there a mix, or does is seem like a more technical group there? She has not been the most studious kid I have, although I am hoping that may change. But I don't want her in over her head either, I do want college to be a successful experience. She would probably go into a liberal arts major, does anyone know how demanding that would be? Thanks!!!</p>

<p>Purdue has a huge mix of students. The Greek community here is big but not being in a sorority or fraternity is not the end all be all by ANY means. There are many studious students here but almost all students, even the “hardcore engineering kids”, find the balance between studying and being social. Purdue has so many different activities, clubs, and cultures all in one place that I’m sure your daughter will find her niche. Generally, Liberal arts majors aren’t terribly difficult compared to others but some LA majors can be quite challenging.</p>