Purdue Transfers- Fall 2014

<p>Hey folks, I just realized that there isn't any kind of thread for the Fall 2014 transfer applicants. You know, just a little place to ask questions, discuss stats, and eventually post application results. So I took the liberty of trying to start a thread for the prospective transfers, and I hope I didn't step on any toes by doing this. </p>

<p>I sure hope I'm not the Boilermaker hopeful on here.</p>

<p>Hello, fellow transfer applicant here :)</p>

<p>Hey there, how’s the application coming along? Is Purdue your first choice?</p>

<p>Second choice for me. How bout you? I’m done with the online app but my college has yet to send my transcripts. Wonder when we will hear back from them.</p>

<p>Yeah unfortunately I’m on the same page, everything is done and grades have been posted but my school still has a hold on everyone’s transcripts. </p>

<p>I’m from California, so there’s perhaps one or two in-state schools that I have prioritized over Purdue. But Purdue is third on the list and first of all the OOS schools. What are you applying for?</p>

<p>I’m an international student, so expensive OOS fees for me no matter which state, sigh. Also applying for Wisconsin-Madison, Washington and Minnesota, for Computer Engineering.</p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I live in Miami, FL currently have been attending Miami Dade College since 2012. I am in my 5th semester and after the Summer term, plan on transferring out. By then I’ll have my AA and 78 credits. My GPA as of now is 3.27 but with Spring and Summer should be up to about a 3.5/3.6.</p>

<p>I sent in my application to Purdue as a Statistics major and my transcripts should be arriving there any day now. I just have one problem, I never graduated high school or received a GED because I attended Jewish Talmudic schools and got into MDC as a transfer from there, with no need to prove high school completion.</p>

<p>I sent an email over to Purdue explaining them the situation and they kindly responded that they are going to wait until they evaluate my whole file before deciding if they will waive my GED/HS completion because they usually only do that for students who’ve completed a bachelor’s.</p>

<p>I’m going to have completed Physics1&2, Calc 1,2,&3 , a “C” class and all general ED requirements.</p>

<p>By the sound of this story, anyone think I have a chance to get in for Fall 2014?</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk</p>

<p>@Fortyeightbits</p>

<p>That’s awesome. Are you a stickler for cold weather or something? I just found it kind of funny that 3/4 of the schools you’re applying to are in quite snowy places (and even though Washington isn’t known for being snowy, it is cloudy for most of the year).</p>

<p>Hahah! Pure coincidence, I swear :slight_smile: But I currently live in a country that’s burning hot all year round, so cold weather sounds pretty good. Though I suppose I will think differently after a few months freezing there.</p>

<p>Hey, guys!I an international transfer for fall 2014 as well. Do you guys have nay idea about the chances of getting there for engineering program(chemical, if it makes any difference)?</p>

<p>Hi there! I’m hoping to transfer to Purdue as well. I’m currently at a community college but I’ve got a 4.0 so hopefully I’ll have a chance! I do have a question - did any of you send recommendation letters to Purdue? I can’t find a requirement for them anyway but I’d like to send one or two in. Do you think that would help my chances or would they even read the letters since they didn’t ask for them?</p>

<p>Hey shakestinyfist. </p>

<p>I did not send rec letters, and I haven’t found any indication that they’re even accepted if you sent them to Purdue. </p>

<p>As for your chances, I think you should consider Purdue a safe bet with a 4.0.</p>

<p>So guys… when do you expect to get notification from the Purdue administration? </p>

<p>Hello, everyone! I just sent in my application for transfer today, fingers crossed, best of luck to you all!</p>

<p>I was accepted the other day! Any one else deciding on their options?</p>

<p>Congratulations fiction118! They’re awfully slow with mine. My documents reached them in late January and they only updated the tracker for my college transcript on the 20th of February but not my HS ones. When I e-mailed, they said they’re still processing it and up until now it still says incomplete items outstanding. </p>

<p>You might want to give them a call @fortyeightbits my turn around was about three weeks. Their admission counselors are really nice and helpful, I spoke with Samantha and she was great about answering my questions and checking on all the items on my application. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>That’s great news fiction118, congratulations!</p>

<p>I got all my stuff in by February 3rd, but I’m optimistic and not really in a hurry. </p>

<p>Thanks fiction118! I’m an international student so calling is a bit harder, and I believe the hold up is with the international office so I’ll just wait it out. Good luck to everyone else too :)</p>

<p>So I’ve been admitted to the School of Management today! I’m still not sure where I’m going next year but Purdue sounds like a winner. </p>

<p>Hey @fortyeightbits, I hope you get yours soon. I’m OOS with a fairly mediocre GPA, so if they got through with me today they’ll probably start admitting the best international students sometime soon.</p>