Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

Yes, CS is probably the most difficult major for admissions, as it is for many other schools. Data Science only started as a major at Purdue in the Fall of 2017, so I suspect it’s not as widely known and doesn’t attract as many applicants.

Purdue’s Data Digest only provides admission data (to the public) at the College level, not the Department or Degree (DS is in the Department of Computer Science).

1 Like

I got deferred from CS, the letter says it will consider my second choice (DS). I saw that some people got in their second choice major. Does that mean I was deferred from both choices?

Thanks.

I was accepted into FYE (prospective major - Computer engineering)

Date Applied - EA
GPA - 4.17W
SAT- 1430 ACT- 32
In-state, female

1 Like

OOS Male accepted for Computer Science.
Date Applied: 10/26/2020
Date Accepted: 1/15/2021
GPA (weighted & unweighted): 4.2979, 3.8511
Class rank: 21/560
SAT/ACT score- 1490 SAT with 1500 superscore.
13 AP Courses throughout high school.

Extracurricular activities - First Robotics, Varsity Tennis, Volunteer at a local museum, Lockheed Martin internship, TSA club.

2 Likes

Hey! So did I, I am from India

Hey! For people who got into your second major, what exactly did your letter say. Mine said something about how I had multiple interests…Is this the same for everyone? My first choice was CS, second was CS-Math

Was REAAALLLYYYY hoping for merit aid also for out-of-state. But nada. :frowning:

Does anyone know how competitive the IBE program is to get into?

On the website they say it’s only 50 students, but I don’t know how many apply. My son got into the program, but math and science are his strengths for sure.

1 Like

One daughter (3.6/1270) accepted into her second choice major (Exploratory), and the other (3.8/1200) rejected and referred to other campuses. At this time, it is doubtful that either will join their brother at Purdue, unless we can determine the it is likely to CODO into Kannert. Congrats to all who were accepted.

Does anyone know when you find out if you are accepted into the Honors program? Website says they “will be rolled out by the end of February”…

Mid-February.

hey, I am of Indian nationality living in Dubai.
Math-cs was my first choice btw cuz i knew that getting into CS was really competitve and my test scores were’nt upto the mark

Hi all - We are having difficulty setting up the Purdue Career Account login. Has anyone else been successful? We have my daughter’s user name from an email that was sent, and thought the password was one of the two codes at the bottom of the acceptance letter, but neither seems to work. I want to ensure that we don’t miss any communications from the school, so any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

You have to make sure you activate you account first. Instructions were on this page.Admitted Student Next Steps – Fall Enrollment - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University

1 Like

Submitted:
Nov 1st

Accepted: Jan 15

GPA 3.98

No scores submitted

Exploratory studies

from California and have extensive leadership, community service, internships, etc

1 Like

We are also from CA and my S21 got accepted to Exploratory Studies :slight_smile: Did yours put major as Exploratory Studies as mine did? Congrats BTW :slight_smile:

Hey congrats and what did ur letter say?

When do we get our admissions packet in the mail after we’ve been accepted online?

1 Like