Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

I’m surprised to hear you say that it was difficult finding a job outside the area. My D is a chem e and her co-ops/internships have been all over the place - midwest, east coast, south. She talked to companies from all over the country (and the world) at IR. Her internship next summer, while in PA, is for a German company.

I can see if someone was targeting a very specific area that they would need to work outside of IR.

PS. For others reading and new to Purdue acronyms, IR is Industry Roundtable aka the career fair. It’s held every September and before Covid, brought the largest number of companies to campus than any other school. Purdue and GT seem to vie for that honor and like to one up each other.

Last fall, IR was done virtually. The individual colleges then have their own smaller career fairs throughout the year. My D is representing her co-op company (virtually) at the next engineering career fair in early February. Purdue does 30 career fairs/year, spanning all disciplines/majors.

Granted, I’m not sure how much my son really tried. He went to the CS IR a couple of times but was discouraged a bit by the long lines and didn’t want to miss classes. He interned for a nationwide company for two summers but graduating this spring was a bit tough timing wise…turned down for jobs in February because he couldn’t start soon enough, then covid hit. He actually went through Purdue career services this summer to find his current position, working remotely for an Indiana company as it turns out.

2 Likes

Prospective engineer here. Applied to Purdue EA. Scholarships apparently will come with the acceptance letter, not be posted in portal ( via the admissions Instagram account).

I am OOS NY
1470 SAT
96 W GPA
Pretty well rounded varsity sports and music ec’s
Absolutely praying for an acceptance Purdue is my top choice.
Not sure why this showed up a reply.

My D applied to Purdue OOS, nursing major. Good luck to all tomorrow!

4 Likes

My D is nursing, too. This is the last one she is waiting for ~ so hard!

1 Like

We are also OOS.

Do they consider second choice major ?

Fall 2020 data is a 3.80 unweighted GPA, 31.8 ACT and 1410 SAT (https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/ is a great source of data regarding all aspects of Purdue.)

The school recently announced a 10th straight year of tuition freeze - costs through the 2022-2023 school year will be the same as they were in 2012-2013. This may be the main reason that the number of applications is up 83% in the last 7 years. The school has also made significant investments in new Engineering facilities, allowing them to accept more of those students (370 of that 600 increase was just 2017 to 2018, as new facilities came on line).

Mine also applied to the nursing program. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Silly question - when looking in my D’s portal this morning, she has 4 new tabs at the top (view your decision, visit campus, next steps, and letters & documents). Empty when you click the tabs though. I’m sure the portal is going to change throughout the day today as it updates, but anyone else seeing this?

Yea I am seeing the same thing in my portal.

1 Like

My son’s portal has this too. When I click the “View Your Decision” and “Letters & Documents” tabs, there is a message that says “There is no update to your application status to report” but when I click the “Visit Campus” a page opens with admitted student events and the the “Your Next Steps” tab opens a page that reads “Admitted Students” with options to accept admissions, view a virtual tour and housing information. Hopefully this is a good sign.

2 Likes

Same for my son. Those pages you get to when clicking on “visit campus” and “admitted students” are pages that previously existed in the Purdue webiste - so not special for this group of applicants . That said, super mean to provide links to those today if they are rejected!

We have all 4 too. But I saw in the other group someone mentioning they only have 2. Not sure if it means anything or if it’s not just updated yet for them?

At least one person (international) said on Reddit that they only see two tabs - view decision and Letters & Document

Please don’t panic about the tabs. If I recall from when my D was admitted 3 years ago, the tabs appeared and disappeared throughout the day as the system was getting ready to release decisions. It means nothing.

Hang tight everyone and good luck!

Boiler Up!

2 Likes

I did wonder if it could be exactly that. Internationals only seeing two tabs but figured they’re probably not doing admitted student days in person anyway and the other things didn’t seem to make sense, so figured it’s random, especially since someone said last year people had 2/4 tabs and were admitted so like @momofboiler1 said, seems irrelevant. Just one more thing to make people anxious. It would be nice if they just took these sites offline while they performed these maintenance activities instead of driving kids and their families nuts! :wink:

1 Like

Well, again I completely agree with @momofboiler1 that we should not slice and dice “signs” we see on the portal. But, for whatever it’s worth, we now have reports on reddit on all combinations - internationals seeing 4 tabs and domestics seeing 2. Even if this is not an indication of anything, colleges should think about what it does to student’s (and parents :slight_smile: ) anxiety level and their IT should be more thoughtful . It is human nature to find patterns everywhere

@ildad2 Exactly. These kids are already overstressed, anxious, etc. with senior year, colleges, and this year especially with covid. How they don’t realize this is like playing mind games with them is beyond me. I’m not saying it’s just Purdue, but if you look on any of these sites, you can see it in the past few months, people who apply for financial aid getting emails some not wondering if that’s a sign, some having a checkbox suddenly showing up vs some not, name it you can probably find it.

The number of people who get their hopes up or dreams dashed by these signs that them are meaningless or mean a lot. It’s too much for some of these kids and just drives everyone crazy. No point to it. Also, why not just have the links up there from day 1. It’s not like they haven’t had 2+ months to have those IT issues worked out either!

1 Like

Another observation. There is a change major link, then I click it, it goes to a form. It clearly says that this can be used to change major regardless one is admitted or not.

BUT… in our case, the “From” is greyed out to my D’s second choice major. If I speculate, can I assume that she is admitted and with her second choice ? That would make sense to me, because if she was not yet admitted, it should show both first and second option on the from drop down, right ?

1 Like