Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

my friend did!

1 Like

i wish it could come sooner… it is just nervous me every friday haha. Still nothing on portal. darn it. next decision is like march 20 and then all these are risky reachy type of schools…

Ok, I guess people do get accepted from RD pool. I almost thought it was a myth. lol. Wish we had known Purdue’s first come first serve policy and applied EA instead.

DS waitlisted for CS today.

yep, I got in

1 Like

Accepted into College of Engineering (applied for mech eng) (RD applicant)

Submitted App on the day of the deadline (not sure exact date)

International Applicant from India

1530 SAT
42 or 43 out of 45 IB Predicted
7A* and 3A’s IGCSE
Really Good Essays filled to the brim with professors, classes, clubs, research
2 Research Paper submitted
3 Patents Filed
Lots of social service, guitar, piano, internships and volunteering

Teacher Recos:

10/10: Physics Teacher who called me her best student ever
8/10: Economics Teacher, good student with good grades (nothing exceptional)

External Recos:

10/10: Research professor who I filed the patents with. He wrote me an insane 1000 word+ reco letter
8/10: Finance internship reco letter from CEO, pretty good nothing extraordinary

1 Like

Is your friend in-state or out-state or international? Thanks!

international

yes, I got accepted in February

1 Like

Ok thanks! Seems that most got accepted now are international. Congrats!

Son applied CS EA, got deferred, still waiting for a decision

W GPA 4.6
10 AP,
SAT 1560
Subject math II 800 (did not have chance to take more standard test due to covid)
National merit finalist(was semi-finalist when applied)
Well round, sport, volunteer, clubs, 5 years CYSO

Very disappointed

Great stats! Good luck to your son!

Great stats !

You can email the admissions and show continued interest as top choice.

With these stats he might got great colleges already right ?

It could be due to yield protection I heard in the past someone mentioned here on the forum ?

You are in state or OOS ?

Thanks!

My son did email them. But did not hear back from them.

We are OOS, in Illinois. And as expected he got rejected by UIUC.

He did get accepted by UW, but no merit, except $1000-2000 for National merit. The COA will be around $55k. I have another child in college. This is kind of too much to afford. That’s why we put high hope on Purdue.

I am very surprised how hard it is for college application. I feel sorry for kids.

1 Like

Oh so sorry to hear , You son has amazing stats
Folks with much lower stats got in

Kind of odd he didn’t get in , Keep pushing for it
May be better call admissions office express interest.

May be it’s not too late , Try apply to Rose Hulman they give great merit scholarships

Good luck and all the best !

Thanks so much! He actually has more than 10 APs, I forgot to count social studies.

I think it maybe because our high school is too competitive and because of racial profile.

College is trying to build a community, they just can’t take too many kids from same high school with same racial background.

One of his friends had similar profile except higher GPA( w GPA 4.9+), was rejected by UIUC CS last year too. He end up attend a top 10 school with full ride. He got in first then transferred to CS major. I guess CS is just too popular.

Isn’t that too late to apply Rose Hulman now? Thanks!

We were getting email from Rose last week as well , their CS program is amazing as well lot of good companies come there to Hire.

Call Rose and ask I think this year due to Covid they didn’t get many applications what I heard

https://www.rose-hulman.edu/admissions-and-aid/the-application-process/application-and-deadlines/apply.html?utm_source=admissions_rosesquared_022421&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=admissions_accelerate&utm_content=buttonlink

You can also try UPitt and SUNY Buffalo they are rolling decisions till June
We just got accepted this week from UPitt

UPitt is great at scholarships for high stats

Great, thanks so much, will check them out.

1 Like

Is a 4.6W GPA in the top quarter or top 10%?

The more I see great stats like these, I feel like my S22 will be a rejection if going for CS/Engineering OOS.

The NM forum may have good ideas about places where you could still list #1 choice and get great scholarships.