Purdue University Acceptances - Class of 2025

Around 10% for weighted. Our high school is very competitive. More than 25% kids have ACT 33 or above. Everyone we know take more than 10 APs. It’s a sad reality when you are in a competitive public high school. I think.

You are right about the NM forum. Nebraska and Alabama universities both give full ride for finalists. But son did not want to go there. He did apply U of Arizona and got in. They gave some merit to finalist. We plan to go visit in April.

2 Likes

Unweighted GPA? If someone else has a 4.9 weighted, that tells me it’s not the ~typical +.5 honors, +1 AP as it’s very hard to take 90% AP courses for four years of high school.

It’s all Honor/AP track, PE is pass/fail. So if you got B in H/AP, your non w got affected.

It’s + 1 for both H and AP,

Oh, maybe that’s why they were emailing my son non-stop even recently. I wondered what was up with that. He showed no interest in them at all so not sure where they even got his email from.

Wow - great stats. I was also first deferred and now waitlisted for Robotics / Mechatronics. Oh well, moving on.

Try calling Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - School of Engineering (RPI) - they extended their deadline 3 times!

• Another recommendation - Widener University - on a rolling basis now - huge scholarship $32k + $4.7k grant. Mechanical Engineering/Robotics Engineering.

I got in in Rose-Hulman, Virginia Tech, Illinois Institute of Technology, Rochester Institute of Technology, WPI, and a few more.

I was Waitlisted from India
Biomedical Engineering
ICSE - 96.2% (Valedictorian)
Pretty nice EC’s
letter of REC - fabulous
Was Expecting an acceptance TBH.
Purdue was a Target school for me.
I applied SAT Optional

Congratulations on your multiple admissions! And thanks for the information, will check them out, thanks!

We are in Illinois and daughter applied EA for CS with very similar stats to your son except no NMF, she was deferred. She did not receive a new decision email from Purdue this week, but she just checked her decision portal and was waitlisted. She got in to UIUC and many others for CS , so she will not be waiting around for Purdue.

You might want to check the decision portal if you have not received an email.

the view your decision tab is blank rn, anticipate a decision soon. nervous. i think the visit campus is a good sign but idk it could also mean accepted to regional campuses as well. also, does anyone know when does purdue email decision update in portal?? thanks.

Good luck!

1 Like

I got an email that my portal was updated on the same day about 1 hour after I had seen it in the portal

1 Like

My son got the acceptance to College of Engineering as part of EA decision. Our original request was for CS Engineering and learnt that all engineering students do 1st year common and choose their majors in their sophomores. We requested a change in major to Computer Science (College of Sciences) and were told results will be announced end of March. Has anyone received updates on Major change requests?. Website shows CS major is closed, not sure if we should take this as a sign of less probability to get into CS.

S21 got admitted to Pitt but no scholarship yet :frowning:

im a boilermaker cheers <333

Hello, Does anyone have information on the summer start 2021 program at Purdue for computer science?

Thanks
Smruthi

IIT (Illinois Tech) just gave me financial offer letter today. Best offer so far - 3 scholarships. RIT (Rochester) is 2nd best financially.

Hi, congrats to you. Did you get a scholarship maybe?