***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

@CMUapplicantECE We would have to wait and see if forms start to appear on peoples portals over the next few days, but so far it seems like they all appeared at the same time for only certain applicants.

@showoto thereā€™s no denying youā€™ve been admitted. Do you have any reply forms on your portal?

ā€œEven if you have notified your program whether or not you will be coming to Purdue, please complete the Graduate Schoolā€™s official reply form online.ā€

Pulled off the graduate school website under ā€œAccepting Admissionā€.

I know its not the undergraduate admissions website, but Iā€™d find it hard to see why it would be different for undergraduate admissions as well.

Ok so those who have the reply forms tab may be getting good news likely then!

Also Iā€™ve just been googling the term ā€œreply form college acceptanceā€, and I got tons of results of various colleges and their accepted student procedures. I did the same thing with ā€œreply form college deferralā€, and I got nothingā€¦

Iā€™m not one of those people lol

ok last year there was this thing called alternative major reply forms if you were waitlisted/deferred and wanted to change majors. idk I donā€™t have it

Ok since we are all on a wild goose chase anyway :), hereā€™s what I found in a thread from last year. Someone posted their alternate major letter & waitlist option where they are using the waitlist reply form. Who knows! We should hope both are correct and most of us here who are desperate can get in!

"Youā€™re a good student who has applied to a highly competitive program at Purdue. And although the Admissions Committee cannot offer you admission to First-Year Engineering for Fall 2017, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to be considered for admission to a different major in a different Purdue college for Fall 2017 or to be waitlisted for your original major in your original college.

To request an alternative major, please log into your Purdue application portal and complete the Alternate Major request form. The form will allow you to select up to three alternative majors in order of your preference; you can learn more about all Purdue majors at purdue.edu/majors.

When completing the form, please select majors in which you are truly interested. If you are admitted, we cannot guarantee you would be able to change from an alternative major into the major you originally requested on your application. Typically, majors that are in very high demand at the admission stage also have limited capacity for enrolled students seeking to change. In addition, admission to any major within an individual college is usually just as competitive as other majors in that college. So do not select a major in the college to which you originally applied.

If you prefer to be added to the waitlist for your original major, log onto your application portal and select the waitlist reply form. Adding yourself to the waitlist is not binding; you will not be required to accept should you be offered admission from the waitlist. However, only those who request to be added will be offered admission from the waitlist if space becomes available. Purdue will make final decisions about fall waitlisted students no later than mid-June 2017.

I appreciate your interest in Purdue and regret we are unable to provide the admission decision you hoped for. If you have any questions about next steps for selecting a different major or adding yourself to the waitlist, please contact the Office of Admissions."

Welp that changes everything now, doesnā€™t it.

Applied Computer Science
33 ACT (34 ss)
4.96/5.0 UW gpa, 5.5 W gpa
top 3% class rank at nationally ranked HS in Illinois
AP: Comp Sci, Eng Lang & Comp, Physics I, Physics II, Calc BC
All other classes Honors courses
Tons of ECs, sports, clubs, community service, etc.

I have the empty tabā€¦

I donā€™t think Purdue gives waitlist as a decision for Early Action?

Applied Chemical Engineering
33 ACT 34(SS)
1460 SAT
4.25W GPA
AP: Human Geo, World History, European History, Chem, US History, Lang, Lit, Stats, Comp Sci, Calc BC, Physics C Mechanics, Physics C E&M
Lots of ECā€™s including pres of chem club, work with mayor to promote diversity, youth advisor to congressman, work as a tutor.

I do not have the extra tab.

My two centsā€¦

Applied Civil Engineering
1440 SAT (650 R, 790 M)
GPA: 3.65 UW, 4.35 W (5-point scale) 4.80 (6-point scale)
AP: APUSH, AP Euro, AP Lang, AP CALC AB
IB: (In Diploma Programme) SL Math, Physics, and French; HL Biology, English Lit, and History.

Engineering club, Varsity golf captain, volunteered for a week at a summer camp for adults with disabilities, Co-founder of Film club, piano for 13 years.

I donā€™t have the extra tab.

Ok, Iā€™m going to summarize and theorize right now.

So one group of people have a ā€œreply form,ā€ and the other doesnā€™t. Those who do have the extra tab fall near Purdueā€™s engineering average SAT of 1410. Those who do not have high 1400s to 1500s. Since Purdue has not done Early Action, this has been confusing.

Why would Purdue deny people who have a better likelihood of attending? Why would Purdue turn away people who are middle 50% in the SAT (for engineering; 1410)? Why would they turn around someone who currently takes BC Calc, and a friend of mine who took it last year?

These are tough questions. Nevertheless, I have theories.

1. Congrats, if you have the tab, youā€™re in! To those who didnā€™t, they were deferred on the premise of yield protection.

2. The tab people were (mostly) deferred, due to Purdueā€™s uncertainty of Regular Decision and its their first Early Action.

3. The Reply Form may have only gone out to those on specific birthdays, letter of names, or at random, etc.

I doubt 3 is likely but letā€™s be honest here its better than the uncertainty from 1 & 2.

@aerogeek This is their first time theyā€™re doing EA in a while, I think.

Well I have a 1360 in one sitting and a 1400 composite with a 4.225. So 1) they do tufts syndrome and everyone that is on the higher end is deferred, and Iā€™m deferred because Iā€™m low, 2) Iā€™m just an outlier or 3) it doesnā€™t mean anything at all

And I donā€™t have the tab

Iā€™m applying OOS, FYE. 1530 SAT (790M, 740E). 34 ACT. 4.3/4 WGPA. I do not have an empty tab or a reply form or whatever. In fact, my portal hasnā€™t really changed since I first applied, other than the honors college tab saying ā€œthe deadline has passedā€ or whatever. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a point in speculating over what it means and instead, we can all just wait it out and see what happens in a couple days.

@tylerjenkins728 Purdue engineering average is a 1410, youā€™re not an outlier.

I have the tab and my SAT is a 1530.