***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

Does anyone know the deadline to accept our offers? Also- if I want to change my major, should I do it now? Or later?

@jayceebird May 1st

@jayceebird deadlline to accept offers is may1

When are Honors College decision posted?

@TheGreatApple32: Look at https://honors.purdue.edu/future-students/future-first-year-students/index.php . It states in pertinent part the following: “Each year, we are limited to an enrollment of approximately 650 new students. Honors College admissions decisions will be rolled out in February of 2018.”

@gandalf78 will we be notified via email or portal or both for honors?

I emailed today and they said on or before March 15 for an alternate major decision.

@confused6789: I have no idea; I imagine the same way that admissions decisions came out, but that’s only a guess. Either way, you should learn pretty quickly once the HC decisions go out.

Hey! When did you apply?

@the1carl lol yeah, i’m pretty sure about bme. I am out of state though, so I can only go if I get scholarship money :frowning:

hey i was unable to make it to purdue for CS but given choice for alt major. It is still possible that I take Undeclared Major in engineering and go for CODO in first yr or semester ? the major is not in the list provided in the alt major form.

@tylerjenkins728 Yes. My son applied EA and was offered to waitlist or pick another major.

First year engineering (FYE) curriculum is common across all engg. majors. You can indicate your intended major as Computer Engineering. Computer Engineering can be made very close (not same) to CS by via electives. From a employment (or grad school) perspective, you wouldn’t be at a disadvantage. So if for some reason you are not able to CODO into CS, you still have viable path. If you take look at the electives offered by Comp Engg., you will see a large overlap in courses.

@throwaway3719 - congrats!
My DS was waitlisted for FYE or told to pick another major. Very similar stats to you:
White Male
OOS (FL)
GPA (W) 4.45
GPA (UW) 3.86
ACT 30
Major: astronautical engineering

@tonypa Congrats! My DS has similar stats and did not get in. Was offer waitlist or another major.
FYE
Residency: OOS (FL)
ACT: 30
GPA: Weighted: 4.46/ Unweighted: 3.86
Activities: robotics club, honor societies, volunteer work, paid work, and theatre.
Ethnicity: White

I got accepted!!!
Physics !!!
Regular Decision
OOS
SAT: 1460
ACT: 32
UW GPA: 3.85
W GPA: 4.7038
AP Physics 1 and 2, AP Calc AB and BC, APES, AP Human Geography, AP Psychology, and AP Chemistry.
Essays: kinda bad
EC: volleyball, mu alpha theta, orchestra, piano teacher, french club vice president
White Female

I wish I knew other people that got into the physics program.

also when do we find out about need based aid?

My son just got accepted in AE as FYE.
OOS, Regular Application
SAT 1520
ACT 34
EC: Varsity Swim, Science Olympiad, Debate Club
12 APs

Good luck everyone who are waiting for a good news!

When does Honors and Scholarship Notification come out?

I did!

S was accepted to Biology major. OOS. SAT: 1480. GPA: 3.7 UW/4.1 W; 9 APs, 4-year varsity tennis letterman, senior year captain; Boys State; quiz bowl; marching band; NHS; French NHS. Hoping for at least a little merit aid!