***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

@finnb I never got an email. I just checked my portal and there was a new update.

OOS for CS and received the presidential scholarship

@treepanda congratulations! Can I know your stats/ecs? I am wondering what people are getting the scholarships.

Btw did anyone create their @purdue.edu account? I already received two emails on my outlook and they both look like they’re spam. Outlook identified one as spam but the other one it didn’t. The other one has a file called Bill of Lading. Did anyone get that in their inbox?

@FutureCSstudent sure! 1440 SAT, lots of leadership eg. lead programmer of ftc team, president of math club, founder of quartet, principal violinist, concertmaster etc, battle of the books, model un, 300+ hours of volunteering

From what I can tell, the scholarships awarded last week (ie. presidential) are need-based. Merit-based scholarships will be awarded in Feb/March.

Trustee and Presidential are not need based.

From their site:

Trusteees Criteria - ~100 per year
Holistic review – Exceptional academic achievement; leadership and service in school/community

Presidential Criteria - ~830 per year
Holistic review3 – High academic achievement; leadership and service in school/community

University-Wide Merit Scholarships

Freshman merit scholarships are awarded based on a holistic review of all information provided via the admission application. Factors considered include:
•Grades in core academic coursework and strength of your high school curriculum (in the context of courses available at your school)
•Grades in coursework that is critical to success in your intended major
•Application essay and Purdue-specific questions
•SAT or ACT score (Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. We accept old or new SAT or ACT. We do not require a writing score.)
•Recommendation (if provided)
•Evidence of commitment to the academic program to which you applied
•Evidence of leadership, service, and other accomplishments; activities, and awards
•Personal background and experiences
•Information provided by your high school

These are the OOS University wide merit scholarships. There are also departmental awards that do come later.

I think need based awards come in the final financial package in March.

When we’re scholarships sent out? We have not received anything…my son got into Yale and is very well rounded.

Last week. Students received an email and they appeared in the admissions portal alongside the admittance decision letter.

We are wondering the same thing…mama-boo.
According to my sons stats he is 99%ile for Purdue Engineering students. He’s also well rounded.
The really puzzling part is both parents are Purdue alumni.
Admissions and Financial Aid office both said Merit scholarships have started rolling out. He called today and that’s what he was told.
It seems like people were notified on Friday evening. I’ll be watching on here to see if anymore do “roll out”.
We’d love to get this info soon to be able to compare offers and then make plans to travel for Admitted Students Day at the school he’s going to attend (& for us, merit money is a huge factor).

My daughter got a merit for $5000 on Friday and that is not enough. She is exceptional as many students are here, but 35 ACT, 3.99 GPA, hard classes, AP, leadership and has offers that are better elsewhere. I called they said merit had rolled out and that there was nothing else out there. Out of State is too expensive for her since she has more offers that are better for her.

From what I’ve seen, only OOS students have received their merit scholarship letters.

Feels bad… no merit OOS Indian male 3.86/4 uw gpa (10 aps w/ mostly 5s and a couple fours, rest honors), 1540 sat, 800s on subject tests, about 10 scioly medals, OM world champion, 150 hrs volunteering, scioly captain, 5 honor societies etc,

One person said they got invited by the honors college to apply for the Stamps Scholarship. Has anyone else been invited? If we got the presidential, can we get more merit scholarships? (I have to pay for my own college so I need more being OOS).

Daughter accepted and offered 10K/year scholarship (that was an unexpected surprise!)
OOS
1340 SAT/ 3.9 UW Gpa
400 hrs Community Service
7 Ap’s
Lots of EC’s . County and State wide music awards.
Hispanic.

My OOS son
35 act
4.0 unweighted/4.4 weighted
Many ap classes
Officer in clubs
Hundreds of service hours
Awards
National merit scholar
No scholarship from Purdue! It’s fine…many other offers elsewhere!

Accepted!

Received an acceptance letter just 5 minutes ago!

Congrats @Zentanglist!

Thank you very much!