***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

I think I may have an issue with the myPurdue portal. Am I the only one who only has the “Life @ Purdue” tab. I don’t see anywhere to enroll like the admissions site says there should be.

@ohiothunder you have you create your purdue career account in order to enroll.

I just wanted to let y’all know
I am an International Student who had applied for FYE but I was placed on the Waitlist and hence I decided to appeal my decision. And as of today I have been granted admission. In the appeal form, I just spoke about some stuff that I could not address on my CommonApp specifically my research.
My stats are decent-ish I would guess
31 ACT
760 Math II Subject SAT
710 Physics Subject SAT
690 Chemistry Subject SAT
TOEFL was waived
GPA around 4.5W which is a rise from Freshman year which was around 3.9W
Solid Teacher Recs, ECs and Essays
The Guidance Counsellor Rec I would think was quite average as they have to write a lot

Hey @asti66, responding to your post a couple of pages back (#494). It does seem odd that your son was wait-listed. Maybe it had something to do with course rigor, or maybe Purdue hasn’t seen a high yield for applicants from Florida? …just guessing. Good luck!!!

Does anyone know whether Purdue is still rolling out merit (NOT need-based) offers for OOS students? Did anyone receive a merit scholarship this week or was last Friday the final notification date?

When do honors results come out?

@finnb, Purdue continues to send out merit aid notices through mid February. If you don’t hear by then it means you didn’t get merit aid.

Good to know.

Thanks @WilliamNYC Very glad to hear S18 still has a chance for merit since we are OOS!

crossing our fingers for the same @lovespink !

Definitely good to know about the merit aid. I was really hoping for a little something for my son as we are OOS and we are caught in the “we make too much to qualify for need-based grants/scholarships, but we definitely don’t make enough to cover a full ride” boat. First few acceptances DS received had some nice merit scholarships included, but there was nothing from the last two schools he was accepted to :frowning:

University-wide (the significant dollars) merit scholarships have all been distributed. Departmental merit scholarships will continue to trickle out until mid-February. Note that FYE does not give out merit scholarships.

Here is a message from Kathy Heinz, Director of Enrollment Management Communications, from the 2018 Admitted Purdue Families Facebook Group.

"Scholarship Information: After 5 p.m. Eastern Time tonight, Jan. 26, the Office of Admissions will notify students who are receiving our university-wide merit scholarships, including the Trustees and Presidential awards. Students will be able to see an electronic copy of their scholarship letter in their Purdue application portal tonight (after 5 p.m.). Scholarship recipients will also receive an email notification after 8 p.m. Paper copies of the letters are at the printer and should be in the mail early next week. All of these awards will be released tonight. (Families with older students may remember that Trustees and Presidential awards were announced at different times in previous years.)

Merit scholarships awarded by some Purdue colleges and academic departments will be announced after mid-February and student recipients will see these in the financial aid section of their myPurdue online student account.

University-wide need-based scholarships and grants are awarded based on information provided via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), www.fafsa.gov. If your student hasn’t already filed a FAFSA, don’t miss Purdue’s March 1 priority filing deadline – this will maximize their opportunity to be considered for federal, state and Purdue need-based aid. The Division of Financial Aid will begin communicating financial aid packages after mid-February.

While earning a Purdue scholarship is phenomenal news for students and their families, these are extremely competitive awards and many exceptional students will not receive one. Therefore, if your student receives a Purdue scholarship, we ask that you not use this group to celebrate. Of course, share your good news widely – please just not among those whose disappointment parallels your happiness. Thank you!"

@confused6789 from Purdue’s Honors webpage

“Each year, we are limited to an enrollment of approximately 650 new students. Honors College admissions decisions will be rolled out on February 15, 2018.”

That’s only 2.3% of the admitted students.

A few Purdue Engineering scholarships are awarded to admitted students based on information provided on the admissions application and (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) FAFSA.

This is all I could find regarding Engineering Merit for FYE in addition to the school wide merit awards. Doesn’t sound that robust.

@NJEngDad , that is what I figured was happening. It didn’t make sense there were a bunch of people reporting scholarship notification & then Purdue saying scholarships were “rolling out”.
I am happy for those that received the scholarships and grateful they posted here to share their good news. It helps us with our decision in which Engineering program to choose.

Congratulation for all aceepted and got scholarships as well.
Out of curiosity, does my son need to admit his admission first to get merit scholarship? Or can we wait until it come out before his decision?

Mechanical Engineering @Merapi42A

@ViolinGod What major ? and do rd applicants also get scholarships?

Anyone have notice they received a scholarship yet?

YOur Son was Accepted To Yale for ED? My son applied for RD at Yale. He Can’t go to Purdue without a scholarship. So if the OOS were given scratching that off his list. What Really Interested Him Was the Honors College.