***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

Guys do any of you know around what time will the decisions come out on the 15th of January?

Does everybody get the chance to apply for scholarships within your major or do they selectively give applicants access to the scholarship app?

@kkarssenn I believe they send it out to everyone.

So it says this about scholarships. It seems that if you are applying to Engineering, there isnā€™t and other scholarship to apply for, is that correct?

Purdue Departmental Scholarships

Incoming freshmen need to have a complete admissions application submitted by November 1 to be considered for Purdueā€™s merit scholarships. The deadline for incoming Purdue West Lafayette freshman to complete the Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application for the 2018-2019 school year is January 1, 2018*.

*Incoming Polytechnic Institute Statewide students should continue to apply through August 1, 2018.   

In addition to having a complete admissions application by November 1, new students enrolling in one of the following colleges or schools listed below should also complete the Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application by January 1, 2018 to be considered for additional college and school scholarships.

*Agriculture

*Liberal Arts

*Health & Human Sciences

*Krannert School of Management

*Polytechnic Institute

Scholarships awarded through the Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application are based on merit, need or a combination of the two. If you wish to be considered for those scholarships with a need component, the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed by January 1, 2018

@ChattaChia to my knowledge, yes there is nothing else to do but to complete the scholarship application.

@ChattaChia: From the Division of Financial Aid webpage, under ā€œOther Purdue Departmental Scholarshipsā€:

"Engineering

Application: The college awards a limited number of scholarships to first-year students. To be considered, the admission application must be submitted by November 1. The Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application is not required for admitted First Year Engineering students."

Hi everyone! Could someone chance me?

Indian Female (OOS)
First Choice: Computer Science
Second Choice: Computer science and statistics
3.71 UW GPA 4.05 W GPA (actually I took IGCSE/A-levels but I was told that this is the equivalent of the grades I obtained)
SAT 1540
Essay: I think my essay was pretty good
Most Prominent ECs:

• First student editor-in-chief of my school magazine
  • Internship during gap year at a data science company
  • Interned at my dadā€™s software company throughout high school
  • Bunch of Community Service activities due to my involvement with Rotary
  • Editor-in-chief of the local rotary clubā€™s magazine
  • MUN (Co-chair: Senior year, Head of World Press: Junior year)

@Synth321 ā€¦very high probability you will be INā€¦ check their data setā€¦ you would fit in those statsā€¦

Hey guys! Could someone please chance me?

Indian Male (OOS)
Major: Aerospace engineering
SAT: 1460 ( math-780 and english-680) (one attempt)
SAT math 2: 780
SAT physics: 750
Grade 9 and 10 CGPA: 9.4/10 (National curriculum)
Grade 11 %: 90% (National curriculum)
Essay: Pretty solid essays I guess!
Most prominent ECā€™s:

1. Trinity College of London Guitar grade 6
  2. Leadership roles in school Basketball and Volleyball teams.
  3. Community service at government school for past year.
    P.S: Please be as realistic as possible!

I have seen a few pasts about interviews. I thought Purdue does not due them due to the large number of applications?

manā€¦ I got deffered from UIUC computer engineering, now hoping I get into Purdue to have some relief.

if you donā€™t mind me asking can you tell me what are GPA and tests scores were. I applied to UIUC RD.

@boka I got rejected from uiuc!
Getting into Purdue would be a great relief for me too!

@wizwind
SAT: 1510/1600 superscore (1470 regular)
Best Subscores; 790 math 720 reading
GPA: 3.6ish unweighted 3.96 Weighted (Honors = 4.5, AP = 5.0)
Significant classes:
AP Economics (Micro & Macro)
Multivariable Calculus - taking now
AP Physics C - Taking now
AP Calc BC
AP Government - taking now
AP Lang
AP Computer Science - Taking now
APUSH

EC: Math honors society president, two good internships, go to an art studio basic clubs,etc.

APPLYING to ENGINEERING undergrad

Essays are pretty nice

do you all know if Purdue wants first quarter gradesā€¦ since decisions come out Jan 15th it would be too early for first semester, but I have my quarter gradesā€¦ Should I send them, cuz they are really good (only one B+ in AP Gov)

Your SAT is better than average (1407) admitted First Year Engineering students in Purdue. But your unweighted GPA is below average (3.93/4.0) If your math and physics grades are good, plus those AP courses, you will very likely be accepted. Take it easy.

@MX1999 yes math and physics are all A/A+'sā€¦ Im surprised the unweighted GPA average is so high for Purdue? 3.93 is pretty much all Aā€™s and A-'s

I donā€™t how good an indicator the GPA really is @boka. Some kids post an SAT around 1200, yet a GPA of 4.0! It too much depends on the quality of the high school and how they grade their students. Straight A student from one school is not the same than a straight A student from another school.

https://www.purdue.edu/futureengineers/What%20To%20Know/Common%20Questions/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.html

@boka, it appears you will be accepted since you have a good SAT and good grades on math and science.