***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

Hello, I applied to Purdue on 28th December. What is the time frame of the announcement of the result?

I don’t think anybody has heard about scholarships yet. Officially we will hear by 1 April. I hope that news starts rolling out second half of February though

Lots of people on here have reported receiving scholarships. The large scholarships have all gone out. There are no more large merit scholarships rolling out. This was confirmed by Admissions yesterday.

ACCEPTED: Data Science
Residency: Illinois
ACT: 30 (English: 32, Math: 33, Reading: 23, Science: 33) Note: also submitted an ACT with a 28 reading score
GPA: Weighted: 4.2 / Unweighted: 3.78
Activities: Programming-centric YouTube channel (>30k subscribers, >4.5M views), developed entire social media app for startup, coding club president, on the board of science/engineering club, volunteer CS teacher, 2nd place in Chi Hacks hackathon (MLH sponsored), made business off of jailbreaking PS3s
Ethnicity: White

When do we know about stamps scholars?

As previously posted, accepted to Purdue on 1/15

Had been deferred from EA at Illinois. As of 2/2 accepted at UIUC mechanical engineering.

@mrfeh wow, congrats man Purdue and UIUC that’s amazing!

@mrfeh May I ask your stats please

Has purdue started admitting students who applied in RD?

@patelpsp yea I think so, I saw a couple of students in this forum who already got acceptances through RD. I think they started RD release on Jan 15

@mojojojo23
3.6 GPA
35 ACT
OOS
Can’t really speak to extra-curriculars and essays; assessing those seems to be very subjective.

Received today from the office of Student Success
Purdue University College of Engineering:

We have several scholarship opportunities available through the various professional schools within the College of Engineering. A majority of the scholarships have a specific engineering major requirement, which students will not be eligible for until they complete their first year engineering requirements and matriculate to a specific professional school.
We do offer a few scholarships to incoming first year engineering students. This is a combination of financial need and scholarships not requiring financial need. Notifications regarding these scholarships will be sent out this week by the Division of Financial Aid via email.

@HoundstoothHarry I guess I didn’t get one, because I didn’t get that email.

the email i posted was in response to my inquiry as to whether there were departmental merit scholarships for freshmen in the engineering college. i don’t thnk they’ve been given yet. I asked in response to post #571 that there were no FYE departmental merit scholarships. That email is a part of the response.

@HoundstoothHarry ahhh – I thought it was just a mass email that was sent out! Thanks for the clarification!

im majoring in finance. Im not shure if rd but they probably do.

@mojojojo23

So I guess I didn’t get a scholarship. Anybody hear about financial aid yet?

@Momoboo. Is your son considering Yale?

Has anyone got departmental merit awards?