***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

Has everyone in here got there results from purdue? Because I am still waiting for my decision

Kids that applied EA should have received a response. Regular decision can come as late as 3/15:

https://www.admissions.purdue.edu/apply/applicationstatus.php

I studied in an Indian curriculum school and my grades are pretty good if not the best, grade 9 -9.8/10 CGPA, grade 10 - 10/10 CGPA and grade 11- 89.9 % (its freaking tough) and grade 12 predicted score given by school - 96.4%(IDK how). SAT 1440 750-M, 690-R; and ACT -32 with a superscore of 33(if it helps) Toefl -110. I have had around 350 hours of volunteer service and I guess my essay is decent( 7.5/10). I have done 1 internship in Robotics company and CS(my intended major so I hope it helps) and a summer Program at Boston in Robotics and involved in a lot of cricket and basketball 9 through 12. Also I have Subject tests : 800 on math 2, Chem and Phy.

I live in Bahrain so sports opportunities are minute, although I was in the reserves team for Bahrain National cricket team and went to Malaysia for the ACC U-16 cricket cup and also inter-school cricket events and am active in basketball in my school although we have no proper tournaments or organization.

I wish to pursue Robotics and have made that clear in my essay and tried to show my love for it and why I am interested in it. I have strong Recs and I love going to MUNs, I have been to 13 MUNs including one inside UNHQ in New York where I won a verbal mention and have won over 5 wards. My activity essay is based on MUN conferences. I dont really aim for Scholarship, tution should be fine.

I took the ACER examination for Science and Maths(not soooo prestigious) and got 100 percentile internationally and high distinction in maths. I also was a part of a cricket tour to India under CFI( cricket federation of India).

I am part of a global community at Young Scientist’s Journal (www.ysjounal.com) and am an editor and have edited over 15 articles based on Science. I am also part of a community called Young Coders who are working on making a website.

I wish to major in CS or EE and am an international student living in Bahrain, When will RD decisions come out?

We have not received a decision yet.
My son’s info:
Applied:12/19
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Class Rank: 20%, 3.57 unweighted GPA
SAT: N/A
ACT: Composite 33, Superscores Math 30, Reading 36, Science 34, English 33
Extras: NHS. 10 hours community service per quarter. 3 sport letterman since freshman year (football, swimming, track). Varsity track captain. Completed Pre-Med high school program. Summer enrichment programs every summer since freshman year including Stanford and Naval Academy. Astronomy and Science club. 1st chair guitar in school jazz band since freshman year. Lead guitar in a couple local rock bands. Purdue had us snail mail the Art Supplement video of guitar ability, resume, summer enrichment evaluations and congressional nomination to USNA for consideration.

Guys I got accepted into Purdue first year engineering, but I got deferred and now waitlisted from UIUC computer engineering. How should I be feeling. UIUC was my top choice, and now I have to wait all the way till may. Is purdue good enough? It has a really high acceptance rate, and I know it has a low graduation rate, but stilll
 What do I do?

@boka , First of all, congratulations! Purdue’s engineering program is ranked 8th by US News. If you’ve read these threads, you know that many qualified applicants are not as lucky as you in gaining acceptance to Purdue. The 60% figure is deceiving as it does not reflect the more competitive engineering acceptance rate. Also, the longer time to graduation may be a reflection of the number of students that participate in co-ops.

My recommendation would be to place your name on the waitlist for UIUC but be sure to send your deposit to Purdue. If you can’t get off the waitlist, you’ll still be able to attend Purdue. If you do get off the waitlist, you’ll only lose your deposit.

Either way, you can’t go wrong! I graduated UIUC and my d will graduate this May in Chem E from Purdue (finished in 4 years). She’ll go to work for one of the companies she interned with during the summers. Boiler Up! https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate

@boka please share ur stats

Got in for actuarial science RD
Applied 12/24
GPA: 3.5 (but it started bad and got better throughout high school)
SAT: 1460
Unsure of weighted but i took 10 AP classes (4 of which were senior year)
Extras: nothing aside from dance(not good at it) and doing fairly well at DECA(business competition)

@boka: Second what @mysmom wrote.

@mojojojo69 my stats are all the way on the first page
 Im the owner of this thread lmao

I got this message earlier today:
You’re a good student who has applied to a highly competitive program at Purdue. And although the Admissions Committee cannot offer you admission to the major to which you originally applied, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to be considered for admission to a different major in a different Purdue college or the option to be waitlisted for your original major and original college.

I don’t even remember what I applied for, so honestly this might be relieving. Does this mean that I somehow met some benchmark or did I flat out get rejected and Purdue gives this message to everybody?

DENIED/Alternate Major (Applied RD)

Major/College of Choice: Computer Science (College of Science)
Class Rank: 1%, 3.95/4 unweighted GPA, 4.82/5 weighted GPA
ACT: Composite 35, Math 36, Reading 34, Science 36, English 34
Extras: Co-captain of Scholastic bowl team, Tennis Varsity Captain, Debate Team, Mathletes, NHS
Awards: Several small mathletes/debate awards, AP National Scholar, National Merit Commended
Classes: Taking the hardest classes my school offers (taken like 10 AP exams all 4s and 5s) One C+ second semister calc BC though.
Essay: 7/8 out of 10 (I put quite a bit of thought into these)

I already got into UIUC CS engineering so I was sort of surprised that I didnt get into Purdue. Does anyone know why I got rejected? Possibly to increase their yield rate?? Sorta disappointed because I wanted to compare financial packages but it looks like ill just go to UIUC, thoughts?

@ChicagoKid436 I am still awaiting for my decision but one of my friends got into Computer Science from india who has pretty less scores than you like a 1280 on SAT. I wonder why u didn’t get thru probably the seats got full in EA only

@xtreme22 Hey! u heard anything. I am from India as well

After being rejected from CS, I got into Cybersecurity at the Polytechnic school. Happy to be accepted :slight_smile:
GPA: 3.7 UW
ACT: 32
Took 2 APs, now taking my third.

also wondering how long it took people to get the Facebook group email
?

S applied for CompSci and was waitlisted last month. He was offered to apply to a different college instead and he applied to Polytechnic for cyber security. We were not sure when we would hear back. Yesterday he received his acceptance. We will schedule a visit.

Any international RD applicants heard their decision yet for FYE in particular. I haven’t so I am now getting worried :slight_smile:

We got the same. No, not in yet - need to pick a few different majors. About 10 days later we were officially admitted!

I am an international student who applied to RD, and I got in on February 5th.

@bemore0801 what is your major and could you mind sharing your stats