***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

I am so surprised. I got into engineering as an OOS student. I got $10,00 per year. I got into honors today! I am shocked. Congrats to everyone who got int!!

@confused. Did you get the $10,000 today?

Denied from honors college, Iā€™m in the school of liberal arts as an intended political science major, and did not receive any merit scholarships. With the risk of sounding proud and conceited, both of these rejections came as a shock, as all of my scores are well above averages and the scores of people I know who are in the honors college and/or received merit aid. I understand they look at the applicant holistically, but my extracurriculars and essays are substantial as well. I donā€™t mean for this to sound as if I am bragging- just confused! Anyone else in the same boat?

waitlisted honors OOS FYE

ivymidwest, unfortunately, everyone at Purdue has high honors, excellent grades, lots of amazing extracurriculars and essays. Itā€™s hard to stand out at a university where everyone is top in their high school. Couple that with the fact that Purdue gives out very few freshmen scholarships and you have a lot of disappointed people. To be honest, Purdue just doesnā€™t need to give out big scholarships to attract the best and brightest.

Ivymidwest- same boat

I got into major I want and honor college too and have to pay $44K. NO scholarship, no grants at all ? Or nothing for OOS.

Admitted today 2/16/18
Congratulations! The Purdue University Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you admission to Computer Science in the College of Science at West Lafayette for Fall 2018.

@KES2022 Would you mind sharing your stats please?

Waitlisted/ Alternate Major :frowning:

@mojojojo23
SAT - 1560
SAT Subject Tests: Math 2 800, Physics 800, Bio M 780
End of junior year gpa = 3.91uw; 4.64w
Mid-year senior gpa 3.92uw, 4.68w;
Mid-year grades all AP: 2 A+'s, 3 Aā€™s

Admitted engineering. 800m 690 v. Subject tests. 800 math 2. 690 physics. 4.17 gpa. Lots of extracurricular activities. Leadership roles. President of national honor society.

@patelpsp same boat brother, what major did you apply for? If CS are you going to decide other majors or going to waitlist yourself?

Waitlisted/ Alternate Major, really confused. I applied for computer science.
SAT - 1430
SAT Subject Tests: Math 2 780, Physics 710
Straight AĀ“s all throughout high school.
Leadership role in many extracurriculars.

I think it might be because of applying to computer science, any ideas?

@MickeyJhawar @HopefullyGetIn
I am still pondering over possibilitiesā€¦ I had also applied to CS with SAT 1450 (intl student).
I was thinking of Data Science as Alt Major but as it appears, once I cannot select an alternate major from the same college (ie. College of Science) in this caseā€¦
Will probably go for Waitlist or Computer Engineering now

**Accepted on 2/16/b
First Year Engineering

ACT: 31 Composite | 34 English, 29 Math, 34 Reading, 26 Science
GPA: 4.0 UW, 4.5 W

Extracurriculars: Product Development Engineer Intern at large office furniture manufacturer, chemistry tutor at community college, Science Club president, varsity soccer, etc.

Misc: Letters of recommendation from chemistry instructor at community college, gifted and talented teacher, and employer

Accepted / Major: Neurobiology & Physiology

Accepted a few weeks ago for Brain and Behavioral Sciences!

Anyone still without a decision in hand?

I am
Also an International applicant from India