***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

@patelpsp I don’t think you can choose college of engineering as alt major either.

@Aman2010 Have you received ur decision and if so then what major

@mojojojo23 Still haven’t received
My other friend got in
I am also hoping I get here

@Aman2010 Same. What major and what are ur stats btw

@mojojojo23

Major: Industrial Engineering
ACT: 29
SAT Subject Tests:
Maths 2: 710
Physics: 700

Great EC and immense volunteering more than 300 hrs
10th CGPA: 9.2

Its kinda average stats so not that excited for the decision but let’s see

Accepted, Major: computer science

Hello,

I am Apurv Shah and I recently got accepted to Purdue. I study in Indian Curriculum and I had the following question:

Is it worth going out of the way, and even though my school does not offer AP courses, I go and give some AP exams after being accepted? Will the credit be transferred if I get a score of 4 or 5 even after being accepted?

@charizard1234 I think the answer is yes, but I’d call the school and ask. I know a student can study for AP and get credit without taking the class if they get a high enough score, but I’m not sure if there’s a cutoff on the date for those.

@charizard1234 Yes you can,they will take your AP into consideration

@mojojojo23 So If I take AP Physics C in May suppose, then they will consider it right? Also I got accepted in CS and wish to propell my academics toward ECE and Robotics, which APs you guys suggest?

@charizard1234 i would check with purdue first. someties they ae hesitant to transfer that many AP’s/
you dont want to waste your time if yo uhave to retake the classes neways…

Hello All - My second semester grades are not that stellar (mostly Bs and some Cs).

How important are these grades if you have already been accepted into several colleges? Should I try hard to maintain my previous state of all As? My parents think it is important to maintain As, but, I think these grades do not matter

@gatechhopeful18: If you’ve already been accepted, Bs and Cs should not be grounds for a college or university to rescind your acceptance; “senioritis” is a common affliction. Now, Ds or Fs, on the other hand . . . .

I checked my portal today, and on the top part of the portal, the school and major I am applying to disappeared. I applied for an alternate major from my initial decision, but it does not appear anymore. Does anyone know what does this mean? Does it mean I got rejected once again?

^^ The same thing happened to me

So I got an email saying welcome to Purdue from the Financial Aid at Purdue, but I haven’t been told I’ve been accepted. Does this mean I’m accepted? Or is that just for all applicants?

Completely Denied not even waitlisted! But my SAT score was well between their Class Profile. Very disappointed
Major:FYE

Purdue is acting strange this year.
~ 90% of the kids in my class. LMAO

I recently got accepted into Exploratory Studies from being denied/waitlist/alternate major a couple of weeks ago in Computer Engineering. Surprised they denied me the first time.
SAT: 1430
GPA: 96 with 6 Aps (AP Comp Sci, Calc BC, Physics 1 and 2)
SAT II: Math 780, Physics 710
President of NHS
Executive at MUN
Other leadership positions at several ECs.

Many sites online report the overall University SAT score range as the Purdue Engineering scores. However, Purdue has different criteria depending upon the major you are applying for. The average SAT score for the college of engineering for this year’s accepted class was 1435. Also, I believe that they fill most spots with early applicants. I suspect getting into Engineering during regular decision round is even tougher.