***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

When did you get your initial decision? :smiley:

When did you get your initial decision?

same thing also happened to meļ¼
I asked purdue office about this but havenā€™t got any reply yet. Is there any update on your sideļ¼Ÿ

I know this is awfully late but I havenā€™t received a decision yet and am kinda nervous. So please chance me :-

Residency - International India
Applied Major - Computer Science
SAT - Math - 780 EBRW- 690 Overall = 1470
SAT Math L2 - 800 SAT Physics - 800

@shanny2 I think you have a good chance based on previous statistic that I read

@shanny2 I donā€™t want to discourage you but I talked with the Purdue Admissions yesterday and they told me that since Engineering and Computer Science are very much in demand,those who have not heard till yet are mostly facing denials. I got denied too for engineering on 3rd March. But letā€™s hope you get the result you desired for. :slight_smile:

Accepted (regular decision)
Applied: Dec 31 2017
Decision: Jan 20 2018
Major: Biochemistry (Biology), College of Science
SAT: 1360 (670 R+W, 690 M)
GPA: N/A school doesnā€™t do GPA
IB Diploma predicted: 40/45, HL Biology 6, HL Chemistry 6, HL Business 7, SL Math 6, SL EngALaL 7, SL SpanishB 6, EE B, TOK C.
ECs: mostly service and STEM based, some varsity sports. Medical internship x1, lab internship x1. Some leadership activities.
Submitted all three essays.
Asian, female, US citizen but residing in Asia.

Still havent received my decision into engineeringā€¦ What does this mean?

Not denied me completely thougj offered wait listā€¦ but have least hopes from it as wellā€¦ only roughly 25% people get admitted from wait listā€¦ I donā€™t know where do I lieā€¦

So I am applying for Computer Science. I am a student in Delhi, India.

I got 1580 in SAT, 2370 in Subject Tests, 11th grade GPA of 9.4, tenth grade percentage of 88%, and good essays. And I doubt the teachers jeopardized my recommendations.

And after all that, I got waitlisted.

To everyone disappointed by their decisions, I just want to point out that many of you have applied to the most competitive majors out here- so you were really up against vv tough competitors. This article was written long ago but is still relevant for everyone out there:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/opinion/sunday/frank-bruni-how-to-survive-the-college-admissions-madness.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Ffrank-bruni&_r=0&referer=

I know all of you will really do well in life, best of luck to yā€™all! Donā€™t lose hope!

Waitlisted

Major: Aeronautics and Astronautics
SAT - 1530
SAT Subject Tests - Math 2 790 Physics 780
IB Diploma candidate - HL Physics, HL Mathematics
UW GPA - 3.920
Straight As from the second semester of 10th grade
Lots of extrcurriculars
Captain of sports team and math team
Lots of volunteering

Iā€™m kind of confused by my decision. With these stats, I expected to be admitted

to answer my own question:
I just spoke with Purdue financial aid and a Presidential scholarship CAN be used towards room and board, it is not tuition specific.

Hi guys I just created an account but Iā€™ve been looking at a lot of things related to Purdue and I was wondering because I havenā€™t gotten a decision yet do you guys think I will get in

I have
3.0GPA
23ACT
Not many honors,trend of grades wasnā€™t the best but I was varsity for 2 years Wrestling and 1 year track
Applied for Purdue Polytechnic Computer Information Technology

Also I am a Black Male I just put that in because I know colleges are trying to get diversity in there schools as well

@Allext I think itā€™s unlikely. Purdue is generally a very diverse school due to the large number of international students, and both GPA and test scores are important. At this point most spots are filled, and unless you are a stellar students it is going to be hard to get in.

I havenā€™t committed yet (got in EA) but Purdue has to send more mail than any other university, and no complaints either lol. They sent me a bunch of laptop stickers + a couple of fun posters. Go Boilermakers!

Did anyone get off waitlist yet???

@dontnope sheesh, DS hasnā€™t gotten any good bling from Purdue and DS was accepted EA too.

Maybe got a poster, if I recall, but definitely no stickers.

I havenā€™t gotten stickers either. However, I just got a cute, personalized Purdue poster today :slight_smile: It made me feel a little better after receiving four rejections this past week.