***PURDUE University CLASS of 2022 Admission Thread

4.24/4.0
I have strong recs and EC’s as I work with my mayor, congressman, and hold several positions in school clubs. @boka

So EA applicants are supposed to hear on 1/15, but that’s MLK Day. Do you think that will delay notification??

I don’t think so @rofiorillo. If anything it could mean that decisions are released on the 12th. The deadlines that colleges give are dates “BY which applicants will be notified”. So it could be before that date but not after.

will Purdue defer a lot of students this year?

Deferrals seem to be the norm this year. Wouldn’t be surprised.

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate for early action vs regular action. I can’t find the figure EA anywhere.

It’s the first year that Purdue has EA so there are no numbers for that @wizwind.

This isn’t the first year Purdue has done EA. They are just switching back to EA after doing a year or two of rolling admissions. That said, I don’t recall seeing any stats on EA acceptance.

I have been reviewing all the detailed engineering stats from 2017. How do you think for EA out of state someone with 1500 SAT(740 M, 760 R), UWGPA 3.9, 8 AP’s.

Students who have the departmental scholarship link, which college are you applying to? Where is the “Check My Application Status” page with the departmental scholarship link? There is a Checklist and Status page–is that the same?

@ChattaChia: My S said that the Supplemental Scholarship application had three basic questions. He is applying to FYE. Is that what others experienced?

Just noticed on the portal that the PUID has been removed from the scholarship link. You guys have the same? All other information like name, intented major, etc. is still there. But the PUID entry disappeared!

@2018hsmom is fye Engineering? My understanding was that there was no supplemental scholarship application for engineering. I will go get my son to look in his portal.

Engineering

Application: The college awards a limited number of scholarships to first-year students. To be considered, the admission application must be submitted by November 1. The Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application is not required for admitted First Year Engineering students.

Current students in First-Year Engineering should review specific school website of their intended major. Upper-level students should review their current professional school website for additional information, deadline dates and scholarship application (if required).

@WilliamNYC are you saying that the PUID was removed from the scholarship application?

@2018hsmom yes I experienced the same thing… I am applying to FYE and all I had to do was answer three simple questions and hit submit

@boka @2018hsmom I had to answer 3 simple questions, am FYE major.

Yes @gene167e7. The Scholarship link opens a new page with info like user ID, name, intented major. There used to be a PUID also! Now that disappeared. I wonder how come. Really weird. Hope this doesn’t mean bad news for my DS’ application.

@WilliamNYC I’m more confused as to why you’d open the scholarship link again haha.

@2018hsmom so I had him look, the supplemental that he had was three questions, but not like essays or anything. He applies for CS, so school of science.