Got Deferred First year Engineering
OOS-OH in a competitive public HS
ACT:30
GPAW:3.727
Decent EC
Good recommendations
Good essays
Did not select a 2nd major

lol. got rejected and crying but congrats to all who made it.

@AAEMom The email did not say anything about the college. The decision on portal was specific and stated FYE.

Accepted - Supply Chain Management - School of management

SAT: 1300

GPA: 90.8 W and 85.2 UW // 3.05 UW and 3.75 W

13 AP Classes

Great letter of rec. // (Mentioned 5 on the AP exam)

Congrats to everyone who got in!! Does anyone happen to know when Honors college decisions are released?

to klossyy… it is extremely thoughtless of you to write on this thread that you “have no intention of attending” but are happy with the acceptance. Think about the kids who might be very unhappy right now with a deferral or rejection. You sound spoiled.

seriously any idea? DS first choice major wasn’t even mentioned on letter. Something is really screwy. We checked his Common app and the major he was deferred from was not the major he applied to

OK, Thank you for the info. will check when get back home. Anxious…

Where do you find the decision

My son accepted: Engineering, OOS
SAT: 1540
GPA 3.9(uw)/4.3(w)
SAT2: 800/800 (mat 2, physic)
12 APs: (11 of them 5, one 4)
No engineering related ECs.

@WhereNow14 sorry :slight_smile:

Son denied for First Year Engineering out-of-state. 33 ACT, 3.7 GPA, 7 AP classes, 2 engineering internships, great essay and LORs. Sounds like tough cuts this year in engineering. Good luck everyone!

@MrProton2023 It mentions that I was accepted into the college of engineering. I applied specifically for chemical engineering but it does not mention that. If I am not mistaken, you declare a major the second year in the college of engineering.

Accepted school of engineering!
Oops ( Ohio) 34 act 3.98 unw 4.4 weighted
9 aps (5 on ap chem apush ap euro)

Purdue emailed me about my acceptance. My portal wasn’t updating so I decided to check my e-mail and that’s when I received my acceptance letter. I am sooo frickin happy right now. My top 3 schools are UPitt, Purdue, and Rutgers. So if I don’t get into Pitt or Rutgers, I’ll most likely go to Purdue.

Accepted congrats to everyone

@MrProton2023 All engineering students do a common first year engineering curriculum and then transition to major at the end of second semester freshman year. My daughter just started the first step in the process - submitting her #1 and 2 choice of major. Being admitting to ones major is GPA dependent. Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

Boiler up!

ACCEPTED: Engineering OOS

State: Connecticut

SAT: 1470

GPA: 3.7

NM Commended

National Hispanic Recognition Scholar

Rejected for comp sci. Really not sure what to think of this, since seeing some of the stats from accepted students earlier in the thread, I was really sure I would get in :frowning: For those curious, 4.11 w gpa, 36 ACT, 800 in SAT Math 2 & Physics. When I visited Purdue in the summer, got a really good vibe from the admissions counselor that I spoke to the College of L&S/Comp Sci, more so than the person I talked to at the Engineering school. I’m OOS by the way.

Anybody else having problems registering for the Accepted Students session (Purdue’s For Me). All the dates seem to be full. ALREADY??