***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Accepted OOS to Engineering! I have a 1360 SAT and 3.7ish UW GPA (my school doesn’t calculate GPA’s or ranking). I am taking/have taken two engineering classes, advanced physics, calc AB and BC, linear algebra, biomedical research class, and teachers assistant for 9th grade math. For extracurriculars, I am doing a Johns Hopkins University biochemistry internship, co-leading Model UN, Project Managing my school FRC robotics team, and tutoring math to younger kids. I really really hope there will be financial aid. This is one of my top schools!

Accepted to Engineering

International
SAT1550
SAT2:800s(physics,chem,m2)
5 APs
Good ECs
Okay essays

Won’t attend.

Accepted!!!
first choice Computer Science

OOS
SAT 1560, 4.4 W GPA

Still haven’t heard

Deferred
Stats:
OOS
GPA: 3.78 w
SAT: 1120
a ton of awards, community service, leadership, letter of recs and essays.

I am so so happy for everybody getting accepted and don’t worry fellow defers, you will find the perfect campus, I have faith. Congrats again!

My DS was not accepted to his 1st major (his letter doesn’t even reference that at all!) and he was DEFERRED from 2nd major Aerospace Engineering Technology (which now he regrets not putting aviation). Seriously?

OOS, 33 ACT (1440 SAT), 3.6 AP’s/Honors, EC’s etc.

Daughter was Accepted
College of Engineering (Hopefully biomedical after first year)
OOS (Illinois)
ACT: 33
GPA: 4.6
EC: Very strong

We are thrilled about this acceptance. She really loved this school when she toured it and it remains a strong contender pending financials. Congrats to everyone who got in!!

does anyone know about honors college / merit scholarships decisions?

ACCEPTED for biochemistry

34 ACT
3.93 UW gpa
780 chem, 750 M2
USNCO Chemistry Olympiad National Semi-Finalist
Concertmaster of Missouri All-State orchestra
USABO semifinalist

@huttens - last cycle honors and scholarship announcements came out in February.

Rejected my dudes, oh well
stats are post #21

Does anyone know if I got denied Can I change my major will they reconsider it?

Did anyone make it into Data Science Undergrad program? Would like to know the stats of who got accepted into data science

What is Summer Start? D got accepted into Summer Start. ??? Is it required? Does that mean she’s accepted into Fall program? So confused.

@TytoAlba Same here. DS letter said Deferred from his second choice major (in Polytechnic) but nothing about the first choice. We did the same thing- looked back at his Common App.

@DocJake your credentials are impressive. I am surprised and sorry you did not get in. I have heard some univs do not accept students when their stats are way over their averages because of the fear that you might not join and their yield will go down. Not sure about Purdue.

Daughter accepted into first choice program!

Engineering
ACT 35
SAT 1570
SAT subjects tests: Chemistry (800), Math level 2 (800)
NMSF
4.0/4.3
OOS

We are so excited! Good luck everyone!

I

Accepted!
OOS
4.2 GPA 31 ACT
Nursing direct admit

@DocJake, your credentials of 4.11 w gpa, 36 ACT is impressive and still got rejected,
My credentials are 3.87 UWGPA, 31 ACT and I got denied as well for CS.

They must be looking at something else. Good luck with your search.