***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

MA 161/165 is Calc I (AP Calc AB if you took it and scored a 4 or 5 in high school you have credit). MA 162/166 is Calc 2 (AP Calc BC if you took it and scored a 4 or 5 in high school you have credit for Calc 1 and 2)

Anyone get accepted through RD yet?

@bbaaange still not yet unfortunately:(

I have a new tab today that says “view your decision” but when I click on it, it says there are no new updates!

Let’s hope something happens today @ 5:00, like they did on January 15th. I am a deferred applicant and have not seen any changes to my portal yet

mine has the view your decision button and a letters and documents button next to it but there’s no info in either of them. I hope decisions are close!

@sagh527 i don’t see a button for that… ):

I got my decision back today. So happy!

D got accepted today. RD. OOS (California). DataScience. ACT 35. GPA 3.6 (UW).

I got waitlisted…OOS (CA) with 1590 SAT, 4.7 weighted 4.0 unweighted, good ECs. Should I appeal? Not sure why I got rejected, I just got into UMich CS yesterday

RD rejected FYE 1390 4.0uw oos my father attended Purdue and have very strong legacy with multiple family members attending. very confused …

Waitlisted RD OOS (CA)

GPA: 3.28 UW, 3.72 W
SAT: 1360 (700 English) (660 Math)
Major: Political Science
Super strong ECs, many strong ones pertaining to major
Super strong letters of rec

FYE and CS fill most of their slots EA.

That seems to be true. We attended Purdue for me on 2/25. The fye presentation showed Purdue received almost 22000 engineering applications for fall 2019, up nearly 4K from last year, They admitted nearly the same number of students as 2018, meaning acceptance rate declined. My son applied early action.

OMG accepted into the comp sci major. Did not think Purdue would accept me cuz my trash GPA but I am so glad they did

@CompSci4234 did they send you an email notifying you of your decision, or did you just have to check your portal yourself?

they sent me an email yesterday

Not many RD acceptances this year. Every year gets more and more competitive.

@MomMartha sorry i didn’t see your question until today so this may not be helpful at this point but you had asked about how scholarship info was received: it was via an email notification and then a letter on the portal, plus a follow up snail mail letter.

https://www.purdue.edu/backaboiler/comparison/index.html