***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Information about Income Share Agreement based on major.

I got accepted to Purdue as a Cell, Molecular, and Developmental biology major and the honors college. I also got accepted to Baylor University and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Purdue didn’t give me any financial aid lmao and Baylor gave me a small amount. I wanna do pre med but I’m not sure where I would succeed the most/save the most money… I’m also waiting to hear back from many more

Got in Data Science as well! Do u think the Data Science program is on par with purdue’s CS (in terms of teaching/recognition)?

I got deferred in January from EA. Anyone know their deferral acceptance rate? March 15th feels so far away.

Anyone got any decisions recently (besides the people who said it already)?

We haven’t heard anything yet. Mechanical Engineering. ACT: 33 GPA: 4.2 from central California.

@Snappy00 In the same boat as you. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find much information on deferrals and as far as I am aware, there are only a handful of students who got deferred this year. Out of curiosity, what was your intended major? Are you OOS? The wait from both Purdue and UMich deferrals are certainly not fun, but I am hopeful that it will pay off. Best of luck to you and everyone else!

We are waiting as well. CS, SAT: 1500, GPA 3.7U/3.8W, From Western NY. Did hear from RIT earlier this week so I’m hoping Purdue send out their notifications this week

I am waiting too. From California
4.27 Weighted GPA/3.8 Unweighted
35 ACT
11 AP’s taken
Heavy EC’s
Applying for MechE

So do you just have to keep checking your “checklist and status” tab? Right now mine just says “your application is complete”. Wondering if they send you an email saying you got in or not.

You will get an email. But, the online application portal will update before you receive an email.In my case, I received my email about couple hours after the portal updated.

I got waitlisted. I really don’t think they have ever considered my second choice major. The decision letter said “we are unable to offer you admission to Computer Science,” but it didn’t mention any information about my second choice major. Can I request changing major via the Change Major Form? Will they consider this request?

Are some people still waiting on their admissions decision?

We are still waiting. I honestly expected to hear this week, very surprised that we didn’t

Is anyone still waiting on their decision for rd?

@hello12342019 I am… kinda getting nervous. I feel like most people got their decisions in Feb

me too, I am also waiting on hearing from purdue very nervous

Just Heard back via the portal this morning. Got denied From the college of Engineering :confused: All this waiting was for nothing, should have just gone with OSU who Accepted me back in November.

We are still waiting as well, good thing that S has already been accepted to some his top choices, I’m guessing that Purdue will be a “no thank you”. However, it won’t be a huge surprise, as the application didn’t get submitted until after the priority deadline.

Still waiting, RD