***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

I got accepted in the EA round but I still haven’t made up my mind if I want to attend Purdue. They aren’t giving me any aid either. Do you think attending Purdue without aid is a good decision? My major is chemical engineering.

@paradox15 It depends on what other schools you were accepted to and if you are in or out of state. With that said, Purdue engineering is one of the tops in the nation.

My dd is a chem e at Purdue. Is Purdue affordable? If not, strike it and go where you don’t have to take out loans. If your family can swing it without unnecessary hardship, it’s been amazing for my DD so far.

My son got accepted to FYE - but he also has an interest in business…we just went to South Carolina for admitted students day - he got in business honors college there with merit…however, their engineering is underwhelming to say the least…I think he should Boiler up and minor in business…any thoughts on the business school and how that would pan out for him if he decides business over engineering??

@PopUpZone1921
I cant say for sure but its interesting that both SC and Purdue grad schools are both tied (#74) in best MBA schools in the USA. I loved our visit to Purdue (last June) and we are going back for Purdue’s For Me day next week so I may not be objective. On the other hand I know some fine kids that went to SC and loved it. Bit of a party school reputation though.
Son accepted for FYE and we are down to Purdue and one other school.

@PopUpZone1921 - Sounds like Industrial Engineering (after completing FYE) at Purdue may be a good fit for your son. Purdue is #3 in the country for IE undergrad. It is what my son is planning to do after he finishes FYE this semester. He is also interested in both business and engineering.

@Clover2018 and FLGDAD my son went to the industrial engineering breakout session at PFM and he was sold on that program - two junior students led the group and were very well spoken about the program and the opportunities offered to them. He had met another student in the program the night before at the PSEF pizza party - interest sparked!!! We also love all the learning communities FYE seems to offer as well. Of all our visits Purdue has been the best fit for him that I have seen (trying to remain biased as I can). He has two more pending applications coming in this week…one is a super long shot (Michigan). Purdue for me has been the best admitted students program we have attended so far as well. Be sure to check out Triple XXX and Bruno’s pizza!! we truly enjoyed our visit there. Thanks for the input. We also know families with kids at SC and also love it…the campus is just a different feel. I like the layout of Purdue…for a big school it truly had that small town feel…SC almost felt bigger to me…it was so spread out…too much traffic through campus.

@PopUpZone1921
Cannot wait for the trip. Just received the PSEF invite today. Sounds like such a good idea and the location of the get together makes it a brilliant idea for Purdue and the potential students.

The PSEF event is totally worth it!! We met some great students present and future!! They think do it right!!

is there anyone who has appealed their decision and got in? Wondering how long would the appealing process take…

Congrats to all who got in…

Pizza night was great, the next days events left us wanting. No interaction with any professors. Dorms were dated. And the “cradle of Astronauts” line was over used. Son told me to respond in the negative to the admissions offer. I wish you all the best of luck at Purdue. Great school for sure, just not for my son. 3 more visits coming up so hopefully one strikes him positively. Cross your fingers for me please…I am “colleged out”.

I am currently wait listed…should I send a letter of continued interest or not?

Yes @Indiguy you should send an appeal letter. As much as we tried to make it work for our son, he’s not going to Purdue after all. There must be so many OOS families on the verge of declining so do whatever you can for yourself right now. GOOD LUCK — Purdue’s a GREAT school!

@uniquefirsttry Thanks a lot!
Also I am an international student so what are the chances of me getting admitted off the waitlist?

As I am a wait list student should I appeal via the Purdue portal or though a seperate email?
Thanks in advance.!

My dd accepted …now a Boilermaker … just hope survives the rigor at Purdue

where can you see scholarship info on the purdue application

dd got music scholarship
going to health sc school

I know someone who was admitted yesterday from the waitlist/denied. I would check your portal or call.