***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Accepted today off of the waitlist

Purdue has released waitlist decisions?

Does anyone know how Purdue’s Data Science program is looked at by employers? I know it’s new, but does is it reputed or is it one of those “hot degrees” that schools just scramble together to sell to unsuspecting students?

Also, would you call Data Science a “risky degree” cuz off all the hype right now?

just got in off the purdue waitlist!!

my stats:

3.28 UW, 3.72 W
12 APs/Honors
SAT: 1360 (700 English) (660 Math)
Major: Poli Sci
OOS
10/10 ECs
9/10 LORs

^ forgot to mention i won’t be attending since i’ve already committed elsewhere

If you really wish to go to Purdue, you can still accept Purdue admission offer. You will lose any deposit you made at your ‘other’ school.

Son would absolutely love to get off of the waitlist for CS, his top choice. It seems like the chances may be low of getting off of that list though, given the competition for admission to the program. He has written a letter of continued interest…does anyone have thoughts/ experience/ insight to share? We are out of state. Is it true that he will not be considered for waitlist admission to any other program if he is on the CS list?

hi whatsnext20, don’t know if this helps because it’s not necessarily the same situation, but I was denied admission for CS, wrote an appeal letter and got in last week. I would assume he has a better chance because he was waitlisted and not flat out denied like me, and the letter of continued interest would help too I assume. But im not an admissions counselor so I wouldn’t know for sure lol. Best of luck to your son!

How long does it usually take to receive your acceptance packet? I was accepted on Friday and am wondering when to expect the physical package.

My son finally accepted tonight!!! We are so happy to be part of the Boilermaker family!!!

My daughter chose another college so hoping that helps someone who truly wants Purdue, gets in. Good luck all!

Thanks for the response, ponogirl808. And congratulations on your admission to CS! I don’t know if an appeal would make sense for us, but we will look into it.

I’m really considering committing to Purdue but i am very hesitant due to the location. Are there a lot of things to do around West Lafayette? Are there a lot of things going on on campus? I read that many get bored at Purdue …

@hannah1789 Purdue is a small city. There is sooooo much going on, every single day/night on campus. If someone is claiming they are “bored”, they aren’t doing enough to leave their room.

Sports, theater, music, lectures, 1,000 clubs and organizations…

@momofsenior1 how is the town? are there things to do off campus?

@hannah1789 My daughter goes into town to the movies, to shop, for farmer’s market, and to hike. We live in Chicago so she gets her “city” back on when she’s home. There are kids that will go to Chicago or Indy for the weekend.

Hey so I just got an email saying I got into Purdue…but they rejected me back in March??? Did anyone else get this? I double checked on my portal to make sure this wasn’t a fluke and it got updated to say I was admitted. So pleasantly surprised but not going to get my hopes up until I confirm by calling admissions tomorrow. PLEASE let me know if any of you got this as well.

@MickleTheNickel9 Congrats, and don’t look a gift horse in the mouth! Glad things worked out.

My daughter also got the acceptance email last night ( After being rejected in Jan). We were quite surprised when she got her rejection initially with high SAT/ACT and above average GPA.