***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

Same as above. My son was rejected in March but admitted yesterday. Not sure what Purdue is thinking when most Universities had commitment day today? It would be great if Purdue was your child’s absolute choice, but when better Universities stepped up earlier?

I would assume the reason they are doing this is because they don’t have as many incoming freshman as they anticipated. I was accepted last Friday with fairly unimpressive stats after appealing my original decision. Very surprised I got in.

@osopwpoej were you waitlisted or rejected initially?

I am curious about why there are going back to the pool of rejected students instead of going to the waitlist-- or maybe they are doing both? We haven’t heard anything yet re: waitlist.

Hello everyone!! My son just got accepted to Purdue - Mechanical Engineering (OOS) He has accepted Cal Poly Pomona ( In state). Any opinion on if we should pay 200k for Purdue? Are the benefits that much more for an undergrad program from Purdue versus Cal Poly? Thank you in advance for your input.

Stick to Cal Poly. Purdue is great, but you can’t beat in state and Cal Poly is a great school.

@CAAai agree with prior post. Save that and use it for a Masters and PHD.

Out of curiosity, what were your stats for your Purdue application? Applying to the flight major for Class of 2024.

Out of curiosity, what were your stats when you applied to Purdue?

@sos1701 35 ACT, 3.8 UW GPA, 4.3 W GPA (I know many others who got accepted with lower stats tho so don’t consider my stats anywhere close to requirements)

@sos1701 forgot to mention I was out of state and took 9 AP’s (scored 6 4’s and 3 3’s)