***Purdue University: Class of 2023 Discussion/Decision Thread***

My first choice is Computer Science but it shows my second choice when I choose “Change Major”. I am pretty sure it does not means anything.

My first choice is engineering, and the “Change Major” option shows Engineering. ACT: 34

@BaloneyBoi did you choose any second major?

@samjaved My second choice is CS,1500 SAT, 3.7 UW 4.5 W

I bet my son did not get his first choice (CS) because his second choice (Brain and Behavioral sciences) is what is shown in the change your major box. 35ACT 3.97 UW GPA

@TytoAlba If your son has a 35ACT and a 3.97 UW GPA then I don’t believe that he didn’t get into CS. Based on this reply alone I’m going to assume that the change major box means nothing.

@samjaved Actually my second choice major is business management

@samjaved the CS program’s acceptance rate this year is probably no higher than 25%…it’s completely possible that a 35 ACT with an otherwise weak application could be rejected.

Good luck to everyone. I know that the last couple of hours are extremely painful. Just take a deep breath. We’ll be alright.

i have 1440 SAT and good ECs … can i get into college of engineering ?

I have the change major tab for my first choice of first year engineering! I am in state with a 33 on my ACT.

My tired eyes could be playing tricks on me…does anyone have a ‘Change Academic Term’ under their Change Forms area? This could have been there all along…but unsure…thanks

@WImom2 It’s been there all along

Friend of mine has the Change Major button. He got his second choice major (Robotics engineering). OOS applicant as well, 1400+ SAT

Okay seeing that practically everyone here is seeing their second choice (except a few) gives me hope that it doesn’t mean anything

@2km2km but Robotics engineering should be FYE can it be second choice? so his first choice is college of science??

We could be seeing admission notifications an hour from now. 1 PM EST right now and some decisions started rolling out at 2 PM EST last year

@AAA124555 I’m pretty sure Robotics engineering is not in the college of engineering and is actually polytechnic

@w00pw00p except his application wasn’t weak.

At this point nobody actually noticed what was there previously…so we will find out at 5:00 PM