Purdue University EA 2022

Your stats are great @HopingToMakeIt but your ECs are a bit on the skinny side. Not sure that matters much for Purdue but it will for other schools. Maybe it’s just the way you wrote it here and in your applications you added more.

Heyo! I just wanted to bump this thread since decisions come out tomorrow

HYPE

Did any of you see the Georgia Tech EA results thread? Pretty sobering and not sure how that reflects the applications Purdue reviewed for EA. There were applicants who were admitted to Michigan or deferred at MIT, but denied a GT; others outright rejected with 1550 SAT or 35 ACT scores. Here’s the summary of the results:

Georgia Tech Early Action Decision Breakdown
Admitted: 26% (46% in Georgia, 19% outside of Georgia)
Deferred: 22%
Denied: 48%
Other: 4%

Admitted Profile
Mid-50% SAT: 1390-1530
Mid-50% ACT: 32-35
47% Non-Engineers

I was denied. OOS
35 ACT (36, 35,35,35)
GPA UW 3.96 W 4.61
7 APs taken AP with distinction
Currently aking 4 APs
Pretty stellar ECs to

too

@HoundstoothHarry Sorry about the denial. You should be proud of all you’ve accomplished. I know that’s tough to hear right now. FWIW, I think Purdue is better than GT. Hopefully you get good news tomorrow. I can’t imagine you’ll get anything but a yes, honors college, and merit scholarship.

Where else have you applied?

Thank you very much. Meant to add that I am a female. Illinois (got in), Boilermakers and Cornell RD.

@HoundstoothHarry I don’t know what else GA tech is looking for, you have great stats! Good luck tomorrow.

@HoundstoothHarry sorry to hear about the denial. You’re too good for Georgia Tech anyways. Just keep you’re head up :slight_smile:

I was deferred from U Mich and Georgia Tech. Accepted U Texas, and UIUC.

SAT: 1460
ACT: 33 (34 SS)
GPA: 4.24/4.0
EC’s: Pres of Chemistry Club, work with mayor to promote diversity, student advisor to Congressman, much more.

What are the decision options for tomorrow? ex: accepted, rejected, deferral.

Anyone knows what time in the day Purdue release EA decision??

Will Purdue post financial aid outcomes as well along with the EA results?

@jarviskroos7 Tomorrow, 5 PM EST.

@uscitizenindia they will not be posting financial aid decisions, that will start trickling in a few weeks.

https://www.admissions.purdue.edu/counselors/newsletter-know.php
Understanding Admission Decisions
Around 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Jan. 15, Purdue will begin releasing admission decisions. Students who applied by the Nov. 1 Early Action deadline will have a decision on this date. Those who applied by the Jan. 1 Regular Decision deadline will have a decision by March 15.
While many applicants will be admitted, of course not all students will receive the decision they were hoping for. Following is information you can use to advise students who are not admitted for fall.

I was accepted georgia tech but denied MIT so the stats are prettyy skewed

Alright can you guys chance me? Just got the L from ga tech and im worried for purdue.

Applying for Robotics Engineering Technology in Purdue Polytechnic Institute

GPA: Weighted-4.02, school doesnt do unweighted
SAT: 1560 (760 english, 800 math) + a p good essay, i forgot the score (this all is 1 sitting, only took it once)
Very high rigor, 8 APs, 5 5s, 3 4s and 1 3, but i got 5s in important subjects like bc calc and ap physics c
Taking 3 more aps this year. and Ive been taking dual enrollment courses

This season is my 10th season of robotics since 6th grade (no leadership but ive been very involved, and ive made that clear in my app)
Founded (and pres of) math club
President of programming club, mu alpha theta, tsa (technology student association), bhangra club

very good essays and recs
lmk if you need to know anything else

Can you let me know what you think my decision will be and why?

Deferred at Georgia Tech (OOS), accepted at several OOS schools, see Purdue as safety school since in-state.

1540 SAT (780 math and 760 reading)
34 ACT with 36 math and 36 English
National Merit Scholar Semi-Finalist (Finalist pending)
4.42 W GPA / 3.89 UW GPA
9 AP and 22 Honors (senior year included)
Industrial Engineering

today Jan. 15th 5pm