Purdue University EA 2025 Decisions

Although I understand that they are not an exact science, the rankings you can find out there, the last time I looked, reflect that Purdue is ranked roughly the same as both those schools. My oldest was accepted to Maryland as well as Purdue for CS but went to Purdue after he got a nice scholarship. Otherwise, we were considering the difference to be geographic and campus. This was back in 2016.

Is GTECH a notch above ?

Iā€™d agree with that.

Yes it is

I donā€™t put a lot of weight in rankings but here are the undergrad rankings for the engineering disciplines at Purdue: Purdue Engineering National Rankings - College of Engineering - Purdue University

Computer engineering is ranked #10 in the country. Here is the link to school #1 - 9 https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate-computer. (Note that Purdue is ranked hight than Rice).

IMO, any school in top 50 is going to give you a heck of a good education and Purdueā€™s career center is second to none.

1 Like

I got my decision letter just now (4PM EST). I donā€™t see any extra tabs but I can see my acceptance letter.

1 Like

S21 accepted to Integrated Business and Engineering!

1 Like

My son just received his acceptance to Engineering School!
For those that want to know stats:
GPA 3.98 UW, 4.75 W
ACT 33
10 APs
Music, work, sportsā€¦

2 Likes

My D was accepted into nursing!

1 Like

Purdue posted admission decision at 4pm

GPA: 3.87 UW
ACT/SAT: N/A

Decision/Major: Accepted/Chemical Biology and Biochemistry

1 Like

GPA 3.90 UW
SAT 1490 TOEFL 111
Innner Mongolia China
Decision/Major: Accepted/Chemical (ACS)

1 Like

Did anyone receive any merit awards in their acceptance? If not, do you know when those come out? Website says they will be included in the Admission Decision.

Seems like there are two groups that are duplicative but whatever! lol

My son was just accepted to Computer Science. OOS.

If any merit, when do they let you know? I know they donā€™t give much if any, and we arenā€™t expecting it, but assume someone on here would know.

1 Like

GPA(UW/W): 3.78/4.15
ACT: 35

Decision/Major: Accepted/FYE

1 Like

Merit awards are typically included in the acceptance letter. Need based aid next month.

Yes, S21 had merit in his acceptance letter

My son got in and had scholarship info included. Congrats to everyone!!!

1 Like

Ugh. Still no decision. When I click on ā€œview decision letterā€, I get "there is no update to your application status. Guess Iā€™ll wait until 5pm.

my son got into his second choice computer engineering technology. But he really wants to goto computer science. Should we ask for a change in major? will they even consider it right away?