Purdue University vs Indiana University

<p>Not trying to start a rivalry thread, just trying to figure out what school to go to.</p>

<p>I've been accepted into both schools but I can't decide which one I'd rather attend. I want to Major in Biochemistry and be premed.</p>

<p>I've already posted this in IU forums, but I thought I would get opinions from here as well.</p>

<p>I didn't get into the engineering program at Purdue, but I did get accepted. However, I have to make the decision as to whether or not I still want to go to Purdue or go to IU.</p>

<p>Hi! I also got accepted to Purdue and IU. Since you are going into a science/math type field I would think that Purdue would be your better option since IU is generally considered more geared towards liberal arts while Purdue is generally the opposite. I am going in as a language major but after visiting both schools, I liked purdue a lot more and am going there even though it is more known for math/science, so I would go with your gut.</p>

<p>I agree with Collegehunter (though I admit I’m slightly biased). If you were going into some type of business major, I would recommend IU. However, Purdue has the edge in Engineering and Science majors.</p>

<p>Alright, that is about what I keep hearing. Although, IU does have a medical school and are known for their research. Considering this, is Purdue still the better choice? I’m really struggling with this because I have good friends going to both and its making it really hard. </p>

<p>Not that it matters, but which carries a better name? If Purdue sounds better, that might give me that additional edge ;)</p>

<p>Can I change my answer? Good. :)</p>

<p>If you are <em>absolutely</em> certain you want to get into medical school, then I would go to where your gut tells you to go. Getting into medical school is more about your GPA, standardized test grades, and extra currics than about which school you came from. Both are very fine and very respected universities.</p>

<p>On the other hand, there are tons of undergraduate research opportunities at Purdue, and research is what we’re known for.</p>

<p>I know this didn’t make your decision any easy… sorry!</p>

<p>:) Thanks. I’m here to hear everyone’s opinion, so that’s fine! haha. I’ve heard better things about Purdue academically, but I still have this feeling about going to IU. I feel pulled there for some reason, but I’m not sure I should be so sure.</p>

<p>I’d go to Purdue if I were majoring in Biochem. If you wanted to get into Business then IU would’ve been the better answer but if it’s in the sciences, I’d go Purdue…</p>

<p>^Tortido - it ultimately should boil down to fit and feel for you. In the end, it doesn’t matter which school is stronger in the sciences…it’s which feels like the best fit for you.</p>

<p>If you are interested in medical school, it doesn’t matter where you go to undergrad. What matters is your overall GPA, your science GPA, your extracurriculars, clinical, research and obviously MCAT score…wherever you go.</p>

<p>Have you been to both schools? We’ve visited both - and I think both are terrific in their own way. I’m biased towards Purdue, because I prefer the location, the campus and the down-to-earth nature of the student body.</p>

<p>R Square gives excellent advice. The key to being successful in college (and for that matter after college) is to go where you feel comfortable and where you expect to be successful.</p>

<p>I went to school with a guy named Keith who gave up going to Harvard because he though John Hopkins fit him better. He graduated from medical school (at John Hopkins) years ago and has run probably the single most successful plastic surgery clinic in Malibu, California during the past 20 years.</p>