Purdue vs. Rose-Hulman

<p>I'm an Indiana student, and a must go to an Indiana college in order to receive a scholarship that I have. I want to go into engineering and I'm thinking that I want to do software engineering. Right now, I'm looking at going to Purdue University or Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (assuming I am accepted to both). I understand that they are both good schools for engineering, so I'm having trouble deciding which school to go to. What are the major differences between the two? And how are the two schools viewed by future employers? I also want to end up going to a good graduate school after pre-graduate and I've heard that Rose-Hulman doesn't help too much in getting into grad school, but it helps a lot with getting graduates a job.</p>

<p>I feel like Purdue has more of a national name than Rose does. Rose will be recognized as good, strong engineering program, but I feel like Purdue is more actively recruited due to the sheer number of students coupled with the reputation. But I think the main differences fall under the intangibles. Like Purdue is a big ten school with a huge, diverse population. There are a lot of people here, and if the huge lectures your first year or two bother you, then Rose would be the way to go. I know I was not interested in Rose because I was wanted a diverse student population. I also was not 100% sure if engineering was for me, and I wanted options outside of STEM if I decided to change my mind. </p>

<p>I hope this helped.</p>