Purdue vs. UT Austin - Civil Engineering, please help

<p>I was accepted to UT Austin and Purdue. MS program. Here is what I have so far:</p>

<ol>
<li>According to the USNews rankings 2014, UT Austin ranks number 5 and Purdue ranks 6 in civil engineering. That slight differience is ignorable because both in top 10.</li>
<li>Purdue is famous for its engineering school. However UT Austin has a better overall ranking performance.</li>
<li>Purdue is located in a small town, the cold wether is also a disadvantage. In the Midwest Purdue is often overshadowed by UIUC, UMich...</li>
<li>The tuition of UT Austin seems cheaper than that of Purdue. </li>
</ol>

<p>Things to consider:
1. Reputation
2. Quality of education
3. Internship and employment opportunities</p>

<p>I prefer Purdue for its reputation in engineering, but worry about its intenship and employment opportunities. I would greatly appreciate any opinion on either, ESPECIALLY if you are familiar with either.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot.</p>

<p>Are you out of state for both?
UT OOS is more expensive than Purdue OOS.</p>

<p>I am an international applicant from China, so I am out of state for both.</p>

<p>My D got accepted to both UT Austin and Purdue and she is leaning toward Purdue but for an international student, I would suggest UT.</p>

<p>It’s a more vibrant city with diversified lifestyle & demographics and an international student may find it easier to live there.
For Purdue, it does not have much of a city outside of the campus. You live pretty much on campus.
The weather in Austin is probably better, maybe a little hot in the summer but the winter is not bad.</p>

<p>Thanks for your info.</p>

<p>Besides the weather and location, I concern more about the reputation and education quality of those two school. So which one is more reputed in USA?</p>