Purdue worth the cost

<p>I have been accepted to Purdue and mostly plan to attend from fall 2012.My major is chemical engineering.Since i am an international student the cost of attending purdue would be around 200,000$ over 4 years.I also have been accepted to Ohio state and University of Colorado at Boulder attending these would be a little cheaper same with Virginia tech(much lesser tuition compared to purdue).</p>

<p>Is attending purdue worth it?
Is the chemical engineering really very reputed?</p>

<ol>
<li>Yes, ChemE is extremely well-reputed at Purdue</li>
<li>Yes, Purdue is definitely worth attending</li>
<li>Unfortunately, the decision is really yours. </li>
</ol>

<p>Ohio State. UC Boulder and VTech are all pretty big schools and I have very little doubt you won’t be able to get jobs etc. after graduation</p>

<p>VTech is a great engineering school. i will take it. you didn’t tel;l how much Vtech is cheaper than purdue.</p>

<p>vtech is cheaper around 5000$ per year thats 20000$ over 4 years</p>

<p>does anyone know when the financial aid packages come out?</p>

<p>We received an email on Saturday to view ours - if you have everything in you should be able to view it online now, at least according to the posts on the FB group.</p>

<p>I did just check online, and it is there!!!</p>

<p>i know the thread is a couple of months old, </p>

<p>but i have quite a dilemma on my hands.</p>

<p>See, i screwed up, i was way too over confident and just applied to 7 colleges which were HPSM, columbia, U of Chicago and Purdue.</p>

<p>now i got waitlisted at three ( MIT, Columbia SEAS, U of Chicago) and accepted by Purdue,
After that i got rejected by the ones that waitlisted me. ( i wanted a double major in app math, and physics)</p>

<p>Now i figured out that i should have applied to more places and not overestimated myself.</p>

<p>So my dilemma is </p>

<p>Should I drop a year and then apply to UC’s, UIUC, ann arbor, gtech, or even caltech or should I attend purdue in fall 2012 ( I’ve already paid the enrolling deposit)</p>

<p>thanks in advance</p>

<p>Where are you from? Did purdue offer scholarships?</p>

<p>I don’t really want to see this as a Purdue student because it will hurt our retention rate, but you could also consider attending Purdue and taking first year classes that you know will transfer to the universities you also are looking at. You’ll have to check with all of those additional universities to see if which courses they’ll accept when you transfer. The transfer could take place as early as the spring of 2013 or even later if you choose. And who knows, maybe you’ll really like Purdue and not want to transfer. I’d say if you want to look into this option, consider staying here for at least a year (a full year and adding fall 2013 wouldn’t hurt our retention rate ;D).</p>

<p>Another thing you might want to think about is what you’d do if you waited a year. Would you be able to defer admission to Purdue until you know if you’d get in anywhere else? Would you have a job, take community college classes to transfer credit, do nothing, travel the world, etc.?</p>

<p>If you choose to attend with the intent or transferring, do make sure you keep in mind that you could stay at Purdue and be open to meeting people and enjoying your time. If you come in with the mindset that you’re transferring so you’re just going to get through it, then your time at Purdue will be wasted with an unpleasant experience. So, if you go that route, work hard and enjoy your time here and maybe you’ll stay!</p>

<p>Purdue is a well respected school, so choosing to attend here for a few years and transferring or attend here with the intent of graduating, I know it will be well worth your time. No matter what you choose, just make sure you put yourself into it 100%, stay confident, and enjoy it.</p>

<p>Since you’ve already paid the deposit, come to Purdue! I personally love it here, and it’s quite possible that you’ll end up loving it here too. So just come to Purdue instead of potentially wasting a year. Keep your mind open and maybe your rejections led you to where you’re actually meant to be.</p>

<p>@ boilerIND and naturaldisaster : I am now definitely going to purdue, you guys make it sound quite awesome, and if by a minute chance i dont like it ill apply for a transfer. so yay :D</p>