Purdue

<p>WHat do you love and hate about Purdue? Purdue West Lafayette please. Thanks.</p>

<p>West Lafayette is sooooooo ghetto. Everything on campus seems old. The on campus smoking has to go. Tired of watching burnt out schmucks draggin on cigarettes. Campus food sucks and is waaaaay overpriced. Campus is not very clean either.</p>

<p>Aside from that, the staff and faculty are good and very helpful.</p>

<p>wow, that sounds awful! I haven't heard much either pro or con about it.
Anyone else? Personal experience?</p>

<p>I don't actually go to Purdue, but I visited recently. </p>

<p>I thought the campus was very clean and not at all ghetto. The buildings may be old, yes, but they are very well-maintained. They are also renovating some of their old buildings and building new ones. Everyonew was very friendly and welcoming. Overall I thought it was a great campus!</p>

<p>BOILER UP!</p>

<p>One of my brothers friends attend Purdue, that was the only reason I applied. I won't end up going, but for the record, she pretty much enjoys it there. And she's definately NOT ghetto!</p>

<p>Okay, I might have over emphasized some things. The food served in the Dining halls is good. Top notch compared to other schools. The on campus food places tho.. some are good, but most are overpriced.</p>

<p>Overpirced on campus food happens anywhere you go though.</p>

<p>they have sick dining courts. and west lafayette is nice</p>

<p>I had a question about Purdue, although it's a bit off topic: I just got accepted for under-grad, but I'm an international and they don't offer financial aid for people like me. I'm required to show them that I can pay $36000 for the first year and I can. But it's gonna be a stretch for my parent to follow up on that for the 2nd 3rd and 4th years. So, is there some kind of way out for internationals at Purdue (like scholarships from private organizations, or university merit awards) or should I face the fact that every year is gonna cost me a whopping $36000 and more?</p>

<p>Are there any Purdue international students in CC who can give me an idea of how much it cost them to study at Purdue?</p>

<p>You should give the Financial Aid Office, cause they kind of also handle scholarships I believe or they can transfer you to someone. They might have an international student office because I think they do also have alot of international students.</p>