Purdue's environment?

<p>Hi! I'm still deciding between schools, and I really like Purdue. But how long does it take from Purdue campus to downtown or a big city? Is Purdue's social life good? Can someone tell me please?</p>

<p>Google map distances from Purdue to Indianapolis, Chicago, and Lafayette. Use google maps to see how the local area looks. </p>

<p>What are you looking for? Parties? Social Clubs? Places to hang out? Activities?</p>

<p>Purdue is kind of in the middle of nowhere and a definite college town. There are plenty of bars though, and plenty of clubs (like Skydiving club, volunteer clubs, etc.) If you’re used to Chicago, you’ll probably find Purdue “boring.” If you’re from the suburbs, you might find it more “exciting.”</p>

<p>@Seirsly‌, thanks, I think I am looking for places to hang out and clubs. Btw, do you know how the chances are for internships in Purdue?</p>

<p>Purdue clubs and organizations:
<a href=“Student Activities and Organizations - Student Activities and Organizations - Purdue University”>Student Activities and Organizations - Student Activities and Organizations - Purdue University;

<p>There are a couple great cafes, libraries and general areas on campus to hang out in.</p>

<p>I don’t think they publish those numbers, but it also depends on your major. We have around 3 large career fairs every year, and your professional school should probably have its own career fair too. We also have co-op programs for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Management students. Purdue provides you great opportunities for success, the rest is all up to you.</p>