Quality of VA Tech History program?

<p>I'm pretty sure I have the stats to get into VA Tech (I'm a junior right now) and if it weren't for one thing VA Tech would actually be my top choice. My dilemma is that I want to major in history but I'm not certain of the quality that a VA Tech history program offers. Anyone care to comment on the quality of the VA Tech history department? Comments on the liberal arts department in general?</p>

<p>Also, I heard it's much easier to get into Tech if you apply to the College of Liberal Arts, is this true?</p>

<p>getting into Tech's engineering and business IS harder than everything else (architecture is above those two I think), but everything else is equal in terms of admissions</p>

<p>I dont know the quality of the History of Liberal arts programs though</p>

<p>Let's say a person checks off University Studies (undecided) as their major? How does that affect their odds of admission?</p>

<p>Also, are Asians considered a URM at VA Tech or not?</p>

<p>I don't think asians are considered a URM anywhere. They make up 7% of Tech's student body - hardly underrepresented.</p>

<p>lol its an engineering school. how can asians be urm</p>

<p>Virginia Tech isn't an engineering university, but it has a large engineering school.</p>