Question about a failed (not required) class

<p>My school is on a trimester system. I failed a 6 week AP chem PREP class. This is not a class I said I would be taking senior year on my application - on my application i only said I was taking both parts of AP chem (which I did in the first two trimesters of the year, and passed). </p>

<p>I believe I got a D in the prep class; and my school says they send my whole senior transcript to the UC’s (even of non-required extra classes). The UC I am going to is (hopefully) UC santa cruz. I am wondering if i should worry about notifying them about this, and so on - or if it doesn’t really matter. (Btw I took the AP chem test today and most assuredly got a 5).</p>

<p>So do I need to worry about this or not, is my question. Thank you.</p>

<p>If AP chem PREP is not a-g, then you have nothing to worry about. But if it is an approved a-g course, then UCSC will look at the D (and frown, then possibly contemplate acceptance revocation).</p>

<p>You should notify UCSC about the grade if it is a-g, and provide an explanation as to why you didn’t pass it. It’s better to let the campus know now so you have time to appeal or come up with a backup plan. Surprising UCSC in the summer (after final transcript evaluation) will usually end badly.</p>